What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Last day at work before a week long break. So come to think of it, tomorrow is really the 'what's made my day' event.

Matt2112

Council tax cash reimbursement has landed. 

Cheers, Dishy! I think.

pdw1

Today is my son's last day at school before his A-levels start

Nickslikk2112

Yesterday was seeing the Von Hertzen Brothers in Nottingham - Mrs S ended up with Mikko Von H laying back across her shoulder, but she thinks he was more interested in the Finnish PM lookalike to her left.

Slim

MASSIVE day today. FA Cup final. Eurovision. Forest in a Championship play-off.
February Wordle league table here

R6GYY

Ethiopia Guji Hambela Natural coffee beans from Heartland Coffee Roasters in Llandudno.

I have had this as an espresso (in a flat white) at Providero in Llandudno and it was outstanding.

But this morning I made it as a filter brew and it was stunning.

https://www.heartland.coffee/product/ethiopia-guji-hambela-natural/269

dom

Earlier I caught my daughter humming the tune to Roundabout.

Apparently its the outro to an Anime show that she's really into.

My daughter singing a Yes tune! Never thought I'd see the day

David L

BBC 5 Live News - "the Consumer Price Index jumped by 9% in April"

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 13, 2022, 06:54:43 PMYesterday was seeing the Von Hertzen Brothers in Nottingham - Mrs S ended up with Mikko Von H laying back across her shoulder, but she thinks he was more interested in the Finnish PM lookalike to her left.

Found a picture of it. You can just see my big conk to the left :)

David L

Quote from: David L on May 18, 2022, 08:28:14 AMBBC 5 Live News - "the Consumer Price Index jumped by 9% in April"
It's where it should've gone in the first place!  :-[  :)

Nickslikk2112

I'm now retired  :)

No more wage slavery.
No more facing driving up an M1 packed with imbeciles in vehicles.
No more spending all day with people I'd rather impale on the horns of doom.

I'm FREE!, FREE!!, FREE!!!

Free to do all the DIY jobs Mrs S tells me to...


Slim

Wow nice, I really wish I could do that. Certainly I've been thinking about it for a couple of years but it'll be a few more before I can actually do it.

Congrats!
February Wordle league table here

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 24, 2022, 10:18:04 AMI'm now retired  :)

No more wage slavery.
No more facing driving up an M1 packed with imbeciles in vehicles.
No more spending all day with people I'd rather impale on the horns of doom.

I'm FREE!, FREE!!, FREE!!!



Free to do all the DIY jobs Mrs S tells me to...


Congratulations!

I'm enjoying my work at the moment but increasingly my thoughts turn to retirement. I am looking at August 2024 when I will turn 61. At the moment I'm banging the max. into the pension scheme in order to secure the most comfortable retirement possible.
Can't wait to get up every morning and decide what I want to do with the day ahead.

pxr5

Congrats - welcome to the club. Soon you'll wonder how you managed to find time to go to work.  :) 
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Slim on May 24, 2022, 10:27:57 AMWow nice, I really wish I could do that. Certainly I've been thinking about it for a couple of years but it'll be a few more before I can actually do it.

Congrats!
Thank you.
I had got 2026 pencilled in as my retirement year, but my dad's demise has helped me bring it forward. I kept telling him to spend his money, but he ignored me. Hey-ho.

Got to knuckle down now and get Probate done and dusted or I'll be selling my body round town...