What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Just started watching this (actually only did the first 20 minutes of the first episode, will watch the whole shebang later).

Ticks two big boxes for me.

Space programme ✅
Alternate History ✅

It imagines a world in which the Soviets were first to put a man on the Moon at the end of the '60s.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Finished Blood. Very suspenseful, edge of your seat stuff

Matt2112

Wish

Took the young 'un to the local Vue to see Disney's latest offering.

It meets the bare minimum in that it's engaging and entertaining enough for younger primary school age children. But I couldn't share in that enthusiasm, as I usually would for good, family-friendly films; this is a Disney dot-joining exercise with a lazy, unexciting plot that an AI bot would reject.

It has its moments of amusement and peril here and there as you'd expect, and the songs are okay, but it all seems very hurried and overall comes across as a pound shop Frozen in all honesty.

If you're not being urged to watch this at the behest of a young child, I wouldn't bother.

Rating: **

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on December 04, 2023, 10:53:26 AM
Quote from: Fishy on November 29, 2023, 08:38:21 AMThe Fall of the house of Usher.. first ep.. not bad...

Up to ep 5 now.. quite enjoying it now

And finished
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

The Wicker Man.
 First watch. Dracula and The Equalizer go head to head (Dracula wins).

Red Lenses

The Killer (Netflix), not great despite Fassbender as the lead - 6/10.

Retribution (IPTV), typical Neeson film - 6/10.

pxr5

Started watching the first series of The Traitors and sacked it off after one episode; also The Couple Next Door - though managed half of the second episode before giving up. So watching series 2 of Loki instead which is much better.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

Completed Wolf - odd and slightly disconcerting

R6GYY

David L

I'm A Celebrity. Farage is still there!  ;D  ;D  ;D

R6GYY

Doctor Who: The Giggle

Well I never. Big, brash and bold, but no spoilers here. I still preferred last week's head-twisting voyage to the edge of nowhere - more intimate and thought provoking, but this was a blast, and Neil Patrick Harris was most excellent as the Toymaker.

A fitting 'end' for David Tennant's "universe weary" Doctor who is clearly down-trodden with the weight of The Flux and other events.

Ncuti Gatwa may well rock the roll with renewed vim and vigour, and indeed swagger. He certainly made an entrance.

If the 3 anniversary episodes are anything to go by - the future of Doctor Who is in safe hands again and I am very much looking forward to it.

Great stuff overall.

Bring on the Goblins.

David L

On any Sunday. Iconic 1971 Bruce Brown movie about off-road motorcycling in the US

R6GYY

R6GYY

Dungeons And Dragons: Honour Among Thieves

pxr5

^ A great movie that one. Just finished Loki - really good and 6 episodes were perfect.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."