What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

R6GYY

Just signed up to Paramount+ in the black Friday deal. 3 months at £3.49 a month.

First watch will probably be Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Amomg Thieves which I missed in the cinema.

Matt2112

Quote from: R6GYY on November 26, 2023, 09:23:14 PMJust signed up to Paramount+ in the black Friday deal. 3 months at £3.49 a month.

First watch will probably be Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Amomg Thieves which I missed in the cinema.

Did Geddy's show have any influence on that, Reg? 🙂

I've heard terrific things about D&D and it's on my Cinema Paradiso list.

Slim

Just watched the old original series Star Trek episode Spock's Brain. It's infamously one of the worst ever Star Trek stories and yes, it is pretty bad. But I enjoyed it. I hadn't seen it since the '70s.

What really made me laugh about it is that Kirk and the landing party beam down to a random location on the planet, but they find the underground complex where Spock's brain has been taken about a half-minute walk away. But that's quite a common phenomenon in the old, original Star Trek.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Red Lenses

Synchronic on Netflix, time travel film starring Anthony Mackie & Jamie Dornan.....decent enough 7/10.

Squid Game: The Challenge on Netflix, only the first 5 episodes available which i've rattled through and the final 5 episodes released on the 29th.....excellent TV 8/10.

R6GYY

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 26, 2023, 10:43:33 PM
Quote from: R6GYY on November 26, 2023, 09:23:14 PMJust signed up to Paramount+ in the black Friday deal. 3 months at £3.49 a month.

Did Geddy's show have any influence on that, Reg? 🙂

I've heard terrific things about D&D and it's on my Cinema Paradiso list.
Er, no to the Geddy question but you have piqued my curiosity. Just adding to the Christmas viewing opportunities.

Fishy

The Fall of the house of Usher.. first ep.. not bad...
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on November 29, 2023, 08:38:21 AMThe Fall of the house of Usher.. first ep.. not bad...
It's either that or the second season of Loki to watch for me next.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

R6GYY

Quote from: pxr5 on November 29, 2023, 06:33:16 PM
Quote from: Fishy on November 29, 2023, 08:38:21 AMThe Fall of the house of Usher.. first ep.. not bad...
It's either that or the second season of Loki to watch for me next.
I don't know about that other one but Loki season 2 is fantastic and has some really brain melting timey-wimey stuff that I had to try and process. Amazing. Best Marvel thing I've seen on t'TV.

R6GYY

That reminds me - I've got at least one Rick and Morty waiting to be watched  :)

Matt2112

Talk To Me

Aussie horror from earlier this year that caused quite a bit of buzz at the time.  But it's very overrated and gets increasingly silly as it goes on. Disappointing.

Rating: **

David L

dom

Season 2 of Blood. Still enjoyable but S2 has brought in external threats releasing some of the internal family tension built in S1.

R6GYY

Doctor Who : Wild Blue Yonder

Best episode I've seen in years. Serious sci-fi, scary, mentally challenging (as in engaging the viewer in trying to work out what was going on). I hope this isn't a spoiler of sorts but I definitely got some Peter F. Hamilton "Night's Dawn" vibes in parts.

Fantastic. Not sure younger audiences would grasp some of the concepts but I lapped it up.

Fishy

Up to ep 5 now.. quite enjoying it now
From The Land of Honest Men