What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on October 26, 2023, 10:33:41 PMMore bodies..one ep to go luckily...

And finished..it was pretty shit tbh...

Now started on the new beeb drama Time
From The Land of Honest Men

Red Lenses

Justified: City Primeval (Disney+), decent enough story for a revival and hopefully a 2nd season 8/10.

5 episodes into The Fall of the House of Usher (Netflix), ticking along nicely !!

pxr5

Lockwood & Co  Set in an alternate 1980s England, events take place 50 years after "The Problem". Initially not much is given away about The Problem but it has caused ghosts and spirits to become prevalent, necessitating the need for "special" agents to tackle them. The story starts when a young girl starts her training to become a hunter. When things go wrong she moves to The Smoke and joins a brand new agency called Lockwood & Co. I wasn't giving this much hope and assumed it was a YA show. But it's surprisingly good and really well made with great action scenes and a decent story (it's based on a book series which gives it chance). The music is top notch with lots of 80s goth music used - in episode 1 there were 2 Bauhaus songs and some Cure too - which is rather nice. It's getting great ratings too which is why the reason Netflix has not renewed a second series is baffling (they didn't market it at all either). 9/10 so far.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

dom

Quote from: dom on January 15, 2023, 10:19:28 PMSlow Horses, a bit like a grimy version of Spooks, first impressions are good

Finally finished season1 of Slow Horses. Can't believe it was Jan when I saw the first episode! Will hope to watch season 2 much more quickly!

Fishy

pxr5

Finished Lockwood & Co - brilliant. It's a real shame Netflix have not renewed, but hopefully another network will take it on (as The Expanse)

dom

Putting lockwood and co down as a must watch!

pxr5

I've just finished watching the 3 part documentary on the BBC: The Detectives Taking Down an OCG. This is a fascinating watch and one of the best of this ilk I've seen. The police and witnesses in this are incredible people; brave is not a strong enough word to describe them. It's tense and disturbing in equal measures. Really well done and takes place over 2 years of investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0d5wrmv

Fishy

Fishy

dom

David L

pxr5

Expend4bles - A bit of mindless violence can be fun (John Wick) and previous Expendables movies have been just that. This 4th in the series is far from those earlier flicks. Nobody looks like they want to be there, the story is as weak as pond water, the action scenes are amateurish, CGI is obvious (and bad). It was a relief when the 1hr40mins came to an end. If another one is made God help us 2/10

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on November 09, 2023, 10:02:20 PMAll The light We Cannot See
Finished it off.... Mmm I'm  two thirds thru the book and this adaptation was a bit shit tbh...