What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on July 31, 2023, 07:51:19 PMThat's Silo finished.. really enjoyed that..👍
A good ending eh?  :)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Quote from: pxr5 on July 31, 2023, 07:56:55 PM
Quote from: Fishy on July 31, 2023, 07:51:19 PMThat's Silo finished.. really enjoyed that..👍
A good ending eh?  :)

Yes superb ending👍
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Got the last ep of Hijack lined up for tonight...

Red Lenses

Finished Rabbit Hole (Paramount+), okay'ish - 6.5/10.

Watched a couple of shows from My5 at the weekend picked by the wife due to her mum recommending them :-
Blindspot - dreadful stuff and Grant Mitchell's acting was worse than in Eastenders - 1/10.
For Her Sins - okayish - 6.5/10.

Started on Season 2 of The Bear (Disney+), 5 episodes in and decent so far.

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on August 02, 2023, 01:10:21 PMGot the last ep of Hijack lined up for tonight...

Bit of a daft finale actually...

pxr5

Started watching Wolf on the BBC. It's an intriguing start for sure.

R6GYY

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season 2.

Caught up with episodes 8 and 9 over the last 2 nights.

Episode 8 is very serious stuff about the Human/Klingon war.

Episode 9 is a musical! Quite an audacious production and really well done. Applause!!!

R6GYY

Tonight we will be watching Gerard Butler in Kandahar on Amazon Prime.

I'm not expecting too much but who knows?

Fishy

Quadrophenia.. great album very shitty film...

pxr5

Only 1 episode of Wolf to watch tonight. What a weird show this has been. I'm still not sure what's going on, but in bed last night I had a revelation as to what's happened - we'll see.

R6GYY

Quote from: R6GYY on August 05, 2023, 07:37:26 PMTonight we will be watching Gerard Butler in Kandahar on Amazon Prime.

I'm not expecting too much but who knows?
Better than expected actually, and Mr. Butler got to use his native accent and the performance was all the better for it. A very topical film (and based on real events apparently).

R6GYY

Delighted to find the first 11 episodes of Ade In Britain (from 2011?) on youtube. We've watched 4 so far.

I've been trying to find the whole lot (series 1: 20 episodes, and series 2: 30 episodes) but no luck.

Well, not strictly true - you can buy all (I think) of the individual episodes on Amazon Prime for £1.89 each. But no price for buying the whole season which I find a bit strange. 50 episodes would work out at £94.50. I don't want to watch it that badly!

Fishy

R6GYY

Also finished the final season of Jack Ryan tonight.

pxr5

Finished Wolf last night. I was nearly right with what was going on. God show 8/10. Also been watching The Power of Parker. Brilliant, I love it and it's great to get that early 90s feel.