Main Menu

So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 28, 2023, 02:27:10 PMIt's a nice record but it really is bland AOR - something for the 30-something adults of the late '70s to put on after the kids have gone to bed. See also: Fleetwood Mac
It's just been announced that original Eagles bassist Randy Meisner passed away last night. His vocal performance on Take It To The Limit was stupendous

pxr5

Riverside - Out of Myself
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Nickslikk2112

After kicking Mrs S out of the vinyl room:

Queen - News of the World
Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law
Brian May & Friends - Star Fleet Project

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 29, 2023, 08:43:59 PMAfter kicking Mrs S out of the vinyl room:

My first and still my favourite Saxon album that one.

The Picnic Wasp

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

I've really fallen in love with IM again recently. Probably for getting me busy with six strings rather than just the four over the past few weeks.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on July 29, 2023, 08:57:05 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 29, 2023, 08:43:59 PMAfter kicking Mrs S out of the vinyl room:

What a great playlist. NOTW is just wonderful and gets overlooked as a Queen masterpiece. I need to play It's Late now.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 29, 2023, 10:25:41 PM
Quote from: Thenop on July 29, 2023, 08:57:05 PM

What a great playlist. NOTW is just wonderful and gets overlooked as a Queen masterpiece. I need to play It's Late now.
I thought it was deifinitely "New Queen Bad" when it came out, changed my mind since, they were excellent on the NotW tour. Gave up on the albums after Jazz

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 29, 2023, 10:20:37 PMIron Maiden - Live After Death

I've really fallen in love with IM again recently. Probably for getting me busy with six strings rather than just the four over the past few weeks.

Classic. Remember listening to it for the first time in the record store. 'testing' whether I would buy it or not. Of course I would.... Ha e the original LP set with the booklet I spent countless hours going through soaking up every image and letter. The enormous number of shows in there!
Still one of my favourite live albums  ;)

The Picnic Wasp

Robert Plant - Dreamland
Robert Plant - Now And Zen

Thenop

Jason Bieler and the Baron Von Bielski Orchestra - Postcards form the Asylum
Bieler being the man behind Saigon Kick in the '90s, this sounds as an extension but more electic and less popmetally. Slightly progressive (he had Devin Townsned, Dave Ellefson, Pat Badger, Jeff Scott Soto, BUmblefoot, Todd LaTorre and others guesting on his previous 2021 outing Songs for the Apolcalypse - equally impressive).
Listening to this on vinyl but of course:
https://jasonbieler.bandcamp.com/album/postcards-from-the-asylum
And while you're there, check out his other work.

pxr5

pxr5

Red Lenses

The Tragically Hip - Fully Completely on the way into work this morning.

pxr5