Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Slim, February 24, 2022, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: Thenop on July 08, 2023, 02:50:40 PM
Quote from: Matt2112 on July 08, 2023, 02:44:27 PM
Quote from: pdw1 on July 08, 2023, 12:30:00 PMStorming gig by Iron Maiden last night at the O2 Arena in London. Just what I needed after a shit week. They are starting to look a bit long in the tooth but they still give it everything.

I was at Leeds a couple of weeks ago and I thought they've never been better.

Good to hear, seeing them coming Tuesday.

Can't make it tonight. Boohoo. Better luck next time. Iron Maiden can't die, they're already dead and have resurrected more than one time over already.

dom

Went to see Ricky Gervais last night as he hit Dublin with his Armageddon tour.  Very funny.  His niche seems to be just how shocking and offensive he can be.  How many people can he upset. He keeps pushing the boundaries to see just how far he can push them.  Once crossed, he pushes again!

After a while you become a little immune to it all.  If you heard some of the things he said in isolation, it would be truly shocking, but when everything is shocking it washes over you to a degree.  Fun night!

captainkurtz

Feist - Dublin - 6th September 2023
PJ Harvey - Dublin 22/23 September 2023
Winery Dogs - Riverside - 3rd October 2023
Rival Sons - NX - 14th October 2023
Glenn Hughes - Boiler Shop - 17th October 2023
Norah Jones -  Gateshead Sage - 4th November 2023
Teenage Fanclub - Sage - 9th November 2023
Ben folds - Sage - 15th November 2023
Far From Saints - Tyne Theatre - 19th November 2023
Queens of the Stone Age - Stockton Globe - 20th November 2023
Extreme - Newcastle City Hall - 27th November 2023
Life of Pi - Theatre of Royal - 27th January 2024
Depeche Mode - Glasgow Hydro - 31st January 2024
Foo Fighters - Hampden Park - June 17th 2024
Taylor Swift - Wembley Stadium August 17th 2024

Matt2112

Please tell me you're chaperoning for the Taylor Swift gig.

:)

captainkurtz

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 21, 2023, 08:36:31 AMPlease tell me you're chaperoning for the Taylor Swift gig.

I am...but I'll tell you what, she's not bad.  Some of those songs are just brilliant brilliant pop songs.  In the same way I can enjoy Madonna's records from 1983-2006.  I had no idea she was mind boggingly massive and I've been watching clips of her show and they are absolutely incredible. 

I'm really looking forward to it.

Fishy

My niece who lives in LA ended up getting a pile of Swift tickets .. she was just very lucky only wanted a couple.. anyway sold them for thousands of dollars.  Mad...
From The Land of Honest Men

captainkurtz

Her American audiences seem really annoying - screeching out the lyrics, shrieking constantly.  Anyone who does that near me is getting a swift slap.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 21, 2023, 09:16:38 AM
Quote from: Matt2112 on July 21, 2023, 08:36:31 AMPlease tell me you're chaperoning for the Taylor Swift gig.

I am...but I'll tell you what, she's not bad.  Some of those songs are just brilliant brilliant pop songs.  In the same way I can enjoy Madonna's records from 1983-2006.  I had no idea she was mind boggingly massive and I've been watching clips of her show and they are absolutely incredible. 

Her songs strike me as playground chants given a state-of-the-art production makeover; really tedious.

Lady Gaga - now there's a proper pop queen.

captainkurtz

Nah....I listened to Midnight recently, her last record.  I've only listened to it once - as a 51 year old male, I'm not the key demographic, but it's pretty impressive sophisticated pop.

Thenop

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 21, 2023, 02:17:10 PMNah....I listened to Midnight recently, her last record.  I've only listened to it once - as a 51 year old male, I'm not the key demographic, but it's pretty impressive sophisticated pop.

I love Midnight... although I doubt we're talking about the same artist..
https://midnight-ohio.bandcamp.com/album/rebirth-by-blasphemy

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 21, 2023, 11:02:02 AMHer American audiences seem really annoying - screeching out the lyrics, shrieking constantly.  Anyone who does that near me is getting a swift slap.

Like what you did there.😁

pdw1

I am with you there. Don't let the naysayers put you down. I have got 4 tickets but the kids have grabbed the lot.

captainkurtz

Quote from: pdw1 on July 22, 2023, 01:48:53 PM

I am with you there. Don't let the naysayers put you down. I have got 4 tickets but the kids have grabbed the lot.
I love Matt!  I'd probably have said exactly the same myself until fairly recently....

pdw1

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 22, 2023, 05:12:46 PM
Quote from: pdw1 on July 22, 2023, 01:48:53 PM

I love Matt!  I'd probably have said exactly the same myself until fairly recently....
We all love Matt  :-*

Fishy

Matt is great!
From The Land of Honest Men