What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Latest Series of Killing Eve - still great
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

David L

Quote from: Nick on April 11, 2022, 07:45:29 PMMetal Lords - Netflix. Like School of rock but metal.
I tried to convince the missus that this would be worth watching, only yesterday........I didn't  ;D

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

Quote from: pxr5 on April 11, 2022, 07:49:04 PMLatest Series of Killing Eve - still great

I'm not so sure in all honesty.  I've watched 6 of 8 and haven't found this season half as gripping as those before.

Slim

Quote from: Matt2112 on April 12, 2022, 06:03:54 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on April 11, 2022, 07:49:04 PMLatest Series of Killing Eve - still great

I'm not so sure in all honesty.  I've watched 6 of 8 and haven't found this season half as gripping as those before.

I loved the first two but the third became a chore about halfway through. Never finished it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Gave up after first episode on season 3.. just got tired of the cat n mouse bullshit...
From The Land of Honest Men

R6GYY

Brian Cox's Adventures In Time And Space

Saw episode 1 last night live on BBC 4, and episode 2 on iPlayer tonight.

Great stuff.

pxr5

Must be just me then - I'm loving it  :)

pxr5

Finished Killing Eve last night - a great ending to a superb series.

Nick

No time to die - think I'm going to give up on action films, just can't take the endless shooting/explosions etc.

dom

Quote from: Nick on April 15, 2022, 07:53:41 PMNo time to die - think I'm going to give up on action films, just can't take the endless shooting/explosions etc.

Funny enough I was streaming that last night. For thd first 5 minutes or so I thought they had titled the wrong film. Surely the most unusual Bond beginning ever!

R6GYY

Just saw part 2 of the Johnny Worricker trilogy last night (Turks & Caicos). Will plow on with part 3 tonight, "Salting The Battlefield".

Bill Nighy really is an outstanding actor.

If you are unaware of the trilogy, it is well worth checking out. A modern spy story.

Worricker trilogy DVD on Amazon

Available to watch for free via the imdbtv app, with adverts.

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: dom on April 15, 2022, 08:14:03 PM
Quote from: Nick on April 15, 2022, 07:53:41 PMNo time to die - think I'm going to give up on action films, just can't take the endless shooting/explosions etc.

Funny enough I was streaming that last night. For thd first 5 minutes or so I thought they had titled the wrong film. Surely the most unusual Bond beginning ever!

saw this at the Cinema and gave it 3 out 10, I then bought the 4k blu ray and its a top JB movie 7 out of 10. Better than Skyfall which is over rated.

Rufus_the_dawg

pxr5

From - I'm only 2 episodes in so far, but gripped by this drama. I'm worried that it'll go nowhere as many of these US shows do but I'm hoping for an end that's as good as the start. It's basically a town where any one entering (against their will) can't leave and are terrorised after dark by some creepy inhabitants.