Gerry Anderson - A Life Uncharted

Started by R6GYY, February 28, 2022, 11:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

David L

Just came across these two Gerry Anderson related films

I've only watched the Thunderbirds one so far, some really interesting stuff. I guess it would all be covered in the film Reg posted about

Fishy

Love these making of things.. the cpt scarlet one was great...
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Fishy

Quote from: David L on April 25, 2023, 03:53:09 PMAnother one!

Watched that as well. Great .. interesting comments about Joe 90 not being as good as the others.. I thought it was great as a kid but now find Joe really annoying.. lol

David L

Quote from: Fishy on April 25, 2023, 04:12:08 PM
Quote from: David L on April 25, 2023, 03:53:09 PMAnother one!

Watched that as well. Great .. interesting comments about Joe 90 not being as good as the others.. I thought it was great as a kid but now find Joe really annoying.. lol
Yeah, kids are alright...............when you are one

R6GYY

Cracking theme toon though. Mind you they all were.

Slim

I had a wonderful Dinky model of that Joe 90 vehicle. But I can't remember what it was for now .. why did he need a car with an aero engine in the back? Did it take off?

I also had a Joe 90 briefcase with the Joe 90 handgun. Guns were very popular kid's toys in the '60s. I had a Napoleon Solo gun and a Captain Scarlet gun. There was a Thunderbirds gun as well, all the Tracy boys had guns. I didn't get one of those though.

Joe was supposed to be 9 years old, but I'm sure he used his personal firearm responsibly.

I had loads of toy guns, come to think of it. As well as the above, I had a few cap-firing "cowboy" guns made out of cheap metal. I had a plastic M16, a plastic Belgian FN, a toy Mauser pistol. I had a pretty realistic-looking Luger as well.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

I had a green Shado interceptor  from UFO which I really liked as a series .. Ed Bishop was great as was Gabrielle Drake with her purple hair

David L

Quote from: Slim on April 25, 2023, 08:38:02 PMI had a wonderful Dinky model of that Joe 90 vehicle. But I can't remember what it was for now .. why did he need a car with an aero engine in the back? Did it take off?

I also had a Joe 90 briefcase with the Joe 90 handgun. Guns were very popular kid's toys in the '60s. I had a Napoleon Solo gun and a Captain Scarlet gun. There was a Thunderbirds gun as well, all the Tracy boys had guns. I didn't get one of those though.

Joe was supposed to be 9 years old, but I'm sure he used his personal firearm responsibly.

I had loads of toy guns, come to think of it. As well as the above, I had a few cap-firing "cowboy" guns made out of cheap metal. I had a plastic M16, a plastic Belgian FN, a toy Mauser pistol. I had a pretty realistic-looking Luger as well.
Nothing could ever beat this bad boy! I remember setting myself up in the sniper position, out of sight, on our landing and I'd ambush my sister as she appeared at the top of the stairs - carnage

Johnny Seven OMA(One Man Army)

David L

Quote from: Fishy on April 25, 2023, 09:02:55 PMI had a green Shado interceptor  from UFO which I really liked as a series .. Ed Bishop was great as was Gabrielle Drake with her purple hair
The Shado Interceptor had a pretty potent missile, I recall.

I had the Dinky TB2, Captain Scarlet car, SPV and the white one with the box of gold bullion onboard. I also had the Joe 90 car. It had wings as well as the jet engine and the wheels were on extendable legs.

I wish I had them now. Unfortunately they were all ruined when I painted them in the colours of the local Banger Racing teams 😩

Slim

Oh yes I had a Johnny Seven as well - I loved that. It was a birthday present. I vividly remember going out to play with it in the garden for the first time.

UFO was my favourite of all the Anderson productions and I have both the DVD and BluRay box sets. I started working through them about a year ago, I will resume that I think once I've got through the entire Phil Silvers Show.

I had the green Interceptor but I hated it for being green. Allegedly a senior manager at Dinky decreed that the white one wouldn't appeal to kids. Some people repainted theirs in white. I also had the SHADO mobile, and I still have Staker's car.

I also still have Lady Penelope's FAB1 although it's pretty battered.

I had a beautiful orange plastic Thunderbird 3, can't remember who made those but it wasn't Dinky. I had the Dinky TB2. The yellow plastic legs didn't last long. I still have Captain Scarlet's car somewhere. Actually that probably went when my mum's house was cleared out.

The one I always wanted but never had was the Dinky Spectrum SPV.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Oh I had a plastic Stingray as well. I used to play with it in the bath.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

I still have thunderbird 2 on a shelf in the "office" at home