Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Wordle 516 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Kicked myself because I actually thought of the solution before my third word. I eschewed it because it had a repeated letter, and because it seemed too commonplace. Ah well lesson learned.

So: Reg increased his lead at the last gasp there, for a decisive victory. Also a very consistent performance, solving it in 3 goes 8 times out of 10. But Picnic and I can console ourselves with the joint best score.

That was fun, let's do one again some time - maybe over Christmas? If you were to miss a day you can use https://wordlereplay.com/ and retrospective entries would be accepted.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 517 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Oh come on Tracy Bennett! There's a whole world of 5 letter words out there that people actually use. I got lucky with my second guess, but I had to resort to trawling the dictionary to find a possible solution. That's not fun. Strangely it didn't take that long, but that's not the point.

Slim

Wordle 517 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Slim pickings on my first two. Took about 5 minutes after the third word to think of a word to fit. I was very confident it was the right word, nothing else would have worked. I was already certain of the third letter. Couldn't be anything else.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 517 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I had a key letter from the off which helped.

Pudders

Wordle 517 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thought I'd just drop in with this one today. Used one of my usual start words, then a back up and still little joy. Was rescued by the fact that on the odd occasion I do the multi board games I use a third word to get more letters out and, with a hint from the previous guess, went with it and struck lucky ;)

The Picnic Wasp

Oh well, it wasn't just me then. BTW players should be proud.

A certain word has infuriated a number of Wordle players who struggled to solve a particularly uncommon five-letter word on Friday, November 18, 2022.

Wordle players have been totally stumped by yet another tricky five-letter word as the game makers at the New York Times challenged players to solve an unfamiliar word.

Slim

Wordle 518 4/6

⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quick one, about a minute.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 518 3/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Cracking start today. Could have been a two if I'd just taken a bit more time.

R6GYY

Wordle 518 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thought I was being clever with my 3rd word but I missed the boat this time. I might have had in 3 but there you go.

Slim

Wordle 519 5/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Below-par performance this morning. Didn't take the greatest care with my choices, they were a bit lazy.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 519 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, story of my life. Hit a run of form when it doesn't matter.

R6GYY

Wordle 519 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Only just scraped by today.  One of those words with plenty of options though.

R6GYY

Wordle 520 3/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

About 3 minutes today. The yellow letter from the 1st entry proved to be very helpful. This ended up being the last letter.

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 520 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quite straightforward progress today. Getting the first and last on line three was a great help.

Slim

About five hours of elapsed time today, including at least ninety minutes of concentration.

Wordle 520 5/6

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟨🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I rejoiced when I finally found a third word to fit, so I was outraged when it turned out not to be the solution. Twenty minutes of exasperation later I found a fourth word and again, to my profound chagrin, no joy.

But the solution came about twenty seconds later. Very satisfying in the end. Not exactly a stellar performance but what a relief.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan