The Latest BBC Controversy

Started by Slim, July 09, 2023, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Watched Harvey Proctor on Newsnight last night who reckoned he should do what he did and call a press conference asap
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Quote from: Fishy on July 12, 2023, 10:56:57 AMWatched Harvey Proctor on Newsnight last night who reckoned he should do what he did and call a press conference asap
But Proctor knew he was innocent

Slim

Neil Parish has weighed in with his opinion now. It's not very interesting, except that he must have got dressed in the dark this morning.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 12, 2023, 11:15:59 AMNeil Parish has weighed in with his opinion now. It's not very interesting, except that he must have got dressed in the dark this morning.

On his way to shoot some clays?

Thenop

It is fascinating to watch this unroll. I know virtually no BBC presenters, I hardly watch TV in the first place, but I can imagine how this would go over (and has gone in recent months) in our country. With one big difference: the name. It would always be first, the rest would follow later. We have had TV personalities 'cancelled' for having outbursts to staff and sexual innuendos but I cannot recall any of this being related to minors. I am sure there will be, people are all the same after all,  so statistically it'll come to pass anytime now.
It's just such a sad state of affairs, using your stature to gain something like this. 

David L

Quote from: Thenop on July 12, 2023, 11:49:17 AMIt is fascinating to watch this unroll. I know virtually no BBC presenters, I hardly watch TV in the first place, but I can imagine how this would go over (and has gone in recent months) in our country. With one big difference: the name. It would always be first, the rest would follow later. We have had TV personalities 'cancelled' for having outbursts to staff and sexual innuendos but I cannot recall any of this being related to minors. I am sure there will be, people are all the same after all,  so statistically it'll come to pass anytime now.
It's just such a sad state of affairs, using your stature to gain something like this. 
Naming the individual before charges are made is grossly unfair and can ruin innocent lives

Thenop

Quote from: David L on July 12, 2023, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: Thenop on July 12, 2023, 11:49:17 AMIt is fascinating to watch this unroll. I know virtually no BBC presenters, I hardly watch TV in the first place, but I can imagine how this would go over (and has gone in recent months) in our country. With one big difference: the name. It would always be first, the rest would follow later. We have had TV personalities 'cancelled' for having outbursts to staff and sexual innuendos but I cannot recall any of this being related to minors. I am sure there will be, people are all the same after all,  so statistically it'll come to pass anytime now.
Naming the individual before charges are made is grossly unfair and can ruin innocent lives

No one has ever described the Dutch of taking the moral high ground. Except from the Dutch of course.

R6GYY

pdw1

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

dom

No criminal activity occured according to the Met. Confirmation that The Sun is a shit of a newspaper

Fishy

I did think of him amongst a couple of others... yes news saying police have said no case to answer.. poor bloke
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

I got it right - but was one of the 5 in 6 who didn't know.

It had to be him:

The condesceding sneer - You don't know what I'm up to when I'm not on air

The money involved - I'm paid Laodsamoney for being shit and I can waste it on perving

The depression - comes on when he's about to be caught

The disappearance - stopped presenting the News at the right time.

Been saying it to Mrs S for a few days now.

Now if only I'd not lost that photo of Gary Lineker fingering a cat...

Slim

Quote from: Slim on July 11, 2023, 01:48:03 PMI think I know who it is, based on 5 minutes Twitter browsing. Of course I'm not going to speculate here, or anywhere else. But I'll tell you if I was right :)

I was, but I think anyone who cared enough to find out knew by last night.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan