The Latest BBC Controversy

Started by Slim, July 09, 2023, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 10, 2023, 09:50:38 PMDid The Sun ever do topless shots of anyone under 18?

Oh yes, they did!

To be fair I don't think tits count, I assume not anyway. It's a law that surely needs the application of a bit of common sense.
I remember the day this was published. I was at college and someone had bought a copy. It was passed around the class (all males, by the way) and almost to a man there was sheer amazement at young Sam's chest doing a fine impression of a dead heat in a Zeppelin race. Executed with parental approval, of course.
Actually, I was always a 'less is more' kind of bloke when it came to boobs. Give me the pertness of a Suzanne Mizzi any day of the week (RIP). Nowadays, anything ending above the elbow gets a second glance.

Fishy

Surely if the "victim" is saying nothing happened that's unlawful ok maybe sent some naughty pics but not pressing charges then no case to answer..
Think The Sun newspaper is looking like the fool here
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Expect a statement from Gordon the Gopher later...

Slim

Difficult interview for the Director General on World at One just now. The interviewer just casually mentioned that "everyone in this building knows who it is".

I'd love to know myself! No idea.

But she says it's a "high profile figure".
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

It's all over social media I read.. I'd like to know who it is as well

pxr5

Slim

I think I know who it is, based on 5 minutes Twitter browsing. Of course I'm not going to speculate here, or anywhere else. But I'll tell you if I was right :)
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Not on twitter... any clues? without falling foul of any libel legal action?

pxr5

Tip - Use a VPN and search foreign news sites.

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 11, 2023, 01:48:03 PMI think I know who it is, based on 5 minutes Twitter browsing. Of course I'm not going to speculate here, or anywhere else. But I'll tell you if I was right :)
Me too. My wife's first guess, I've since seen being mentioned on Facebook. My guess is someone else, who probably earns considerably more
Good game

dom

David L

It's got really serious now. Apparently he broke lockdown rules to meet a stranger he found on a dating site

Slim

I really think Jeremy Vine is sticking his neck out a bit here:

I mean - does the corporation really want another of their presenters to become part of the story? Certainly they're reporting his comments as news at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66159469
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Just a guess but I think the name will come out today, although for a lot of people, I'm guessing more than 1 in 6 by now, it already has.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan