The Latest BBC Controversy

Started by Slim, July 09, 2023, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: dom on July 12, 2023, 06:12:28 PMNo criminal activity occured according to the Met. Confirmation that The Sun is a shit of a newspaper

That's not quite what they said. The implication is that there's insufficient evidence.

I'm pleased to see News UK doing its best to hold the BBC to account.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Quote from: Slim on July 12, 2023, 07:18:44 PM
Quote from: dom on July 12, 2023, 06:12:28 PMNo criminal activity occured according to the Met. Confirmation that The Sun is a shit of a newspaper

That's not quite what they said. The implication is that there's insufficient evidence.

Yes that's sounds fair. 5 days of "news" from that rag and the Met state that there has been

Quoteno information to indicate that a criminal offence has been committed

And it's the BBC being held to account?

Ridiculous

captainkurtz

Not being cynical or anything, but hospitalised with severe mental issues, but still competent to 'like' a tweet suggesting The S*n needs to present evidence of criminal behaviour.

Ok.

David L

Quote from: pxr5 on July 12, 2023, 06:03:55 PMWho got it right then?
My wife did, from the get-go with no digging. I think my guess is probably not a BBC employee and gets paid for his extensive BBC work through his own company - tax dodger

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 12, 2023, 09:34:13 PMNot being cynical or anything, but hospitalised with severe mental issues, but still competent to 'like' a tweet suggesting The S*n needs to present evidence of criminal behaviour.

Ok.
I think it was to be expected he would go for the sympathy vote. Commonplace now when you've been found out

Slim

Quote from: dom on July 12, 2023, 08:22:30 PM
Quote from: Slim on July 12, 2023, 07:18:44 PM

Yes that's sounds fair. 5 days of "news" from that rag and the Met state that there has been

Quoteno information to indicate that a criminal offence has been committed

And it's the BBC being held to account?

Ridiculous

No-one's suggested that the BBC have committed a crime; just that they may have failed to investigate or deal with the situation properly.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on July 12, 2023, 06:12:28 PMNo criminal activity occured according to the Met.
Probably judging him by the expected actions of a Met Officer :)

QuoteConfirmation that The Sun is a shit of a newspaper
Bet you'd be fully supportive of them if it had been a Conservative minister.

dom

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 12, 2023, 09:47:46 PM
Quote from: dom on July 12, 2023, 06:12:28 PMNo criminal activity occured according to the Met.
Probably judging him by the expected actions of a Met Officer :)

QuoteConfirmation that The Sun is a shit of a newspaper
Bet you'd be fully supportive of them if it had been a Conservative minister.

Depends on the Minister😂

Slim

I actually find the admission that they broke impartiality guidelines on one occasion more annoying than if they'd got away with it. Because it pretends that they don't do it all the fucking time
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Didn't see this reported..........anywhere  ;D

David L

3000 emails revealed by the BBC, after an FOI request by journalist Andy Webb, show the extent to which they tried to cover for Martin Bashir's dishonest behaviour.

Matt2112

Just seen a short piece on BBC News about the film Poor Things and its multiple Oscar nominations, comprising of an interview with director Yorgos Lanthimos and lead actress/producer Emma Stone.

What should have been insightful and informative was amateurishly done; it was shockingly edited, with dumb OK! magazine-level questions (Stone simply burst out laughing at one of them) and the standard parting shot of "the best director category is still dominated by men".

To top it off there was a horrendous and unintentional crash cut back to the news host, although in fairness she wasn't sticking her middle finger up direct to camera at the time. ::)

Slim

You may well have seen this already, but Dawn Queva is a scheduler for BBC3.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13035487/Senior-BBC-employee-accused-anti-semitism-branding-Jews-Nazi-parasites-funded-holohoax-calling-white-people-virus-series-posts-social-media.html

But holocaust denial is only an occasional hobby, it seems her main interest is racism. She also posted onto her Facebook page that "white people are a parasitic, barbaric, deviant, murderous, genocidal and thieving race", and elsewhere she's described white folks as a "parasite invader subcontinental European caucasian invader species", and that it's time for us to "go back where we came from".

How does a person like this manage to get on with the white people she works with in her team?

Oh wait, it's the BBC - there might not be any.

Just a classic example of the sort of culture that the BBC cherishes and seeks to nurture. If the BBC were to be exposed to the market like every other broadcaster it would die quickly, and very good riddance. Our country would be a cleaner place.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan