Dreams

Started by Slim, June 04, 2022, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I'm in a large room. No artificial lighting is switched on and it's gloomy outside. It's a big kitchen, with a big wooden table.

Suddenly a huge bird flies in through the window and collides with the edge of the table. It's big, something like an owl, but with colourful plumage like a pheasant.

I pick the bird up. It looks stunned. But it recovers quickly. I take it to the window and release it.

And now by the magic of television or perhaps due to an unconscious continuity error, I'm in in my own real life kitchen, looking out of the window to the right. The bird is hovering about ten feet away. But it's human sized now. In fact it's something like an airborne woman. A middle-aged peasant woman with black hair and coarse, weathered features. And huge wings. Like an angel.

She speaks to me, but I can't make out what she's saying.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Had one of my least favourite recurring dreams last night. I'm travelling to an examination centre in a local college to sit my final professional exam, but I haven't studied, at all, and other than write my name on the paper I don't know what else I'm going to be able to answer. It's a troubling dream but not nightmare status. My other recurring dream is far more disturbing. It involves a former colleague who I didn't particularly like but I had no real issues with. He was annoying but not a threat of any kind. However, when he appears in a dream, which has been fairly regularly recently it usually results in violence which is completely against my nature. Sometimes it is quite brutal and at other times ridiculous. The other night he attempted to attack me and I struggled to keep him at bay. As he struggled violently I held him down and began to fold him up. Weaving fingers and limbs over each other. When he was completely flat I slid him into a lever arch file and box. Bizarre, unpleasant but again stopping short of heart racing nightmare. I do wish I could make them stop though.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on December 24, 2023, 09:37:46 PMHad one of my least favourite recurring dreams last night. I'm travelling to an examination centre in a local college to sit my final professional exam, but I haven't studied, at all, and other than write my name on the paper I don't know what else I'm going to be able to answer.
I get that one a lot. But then again I didn't really do any studying, so it keeps coming back to haunt me.

Slim

Very vivid dream in the early hours of this morning. I'm at my old grammar school. There's a huge amount of building work going on, as though it's being converted into something else. I walk around, visiting old corridors and rooms that I remember from the '70s.

But I'm aware that I'm dreaming. I look around me, marvelling at the visual detail that I'm able to perceive while dreaming.

Probably based on a visit to the old school in 2008 when I looked round the place with a small group of alumni just before it was extended, and part of it was knocked down. It's a sixth form college now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I dreamed that Kiss incorporated a dance routine into their act. All four of them in black suits and white shirts and the usual makeup in perfectly choreographed unison, like the Jackson 5 or the Temptations.

Later, I'm walking over a bridge in a park with the band. I'm in the band myself somehow. Tommy's saying he'll do it, but he doesn't like it. I say that I'm too old to dance like that for a whole set. Gene says that he isn't. I tell him that he is.

Paul is the most keen on the idea, because he's been asked to do it for a special gig for the US Navy by a rear admiral.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on January 10, 2024, 10:24:29 AMI dreamed that Kiss incorporated a dance routine into their act. All four of them in black suits and white shirts and the usual makeup in perfectly choreographed unison, like the Jackson 5 or the Temptations.

Later, I'm walking over a bridge in a park with the band. I'm in the band myself somehow. Tommy's saying he'll do it, but he doesn't like it. I say that I'm too old to dance like that for a whole set. Gene says that he isn't. I tell him that he is.

Paul is the most keen on the idea, because he's been asked to do it for a special gig for the US Navy by a rear admiral.

Dressed to Kill then  ;D

Matt2112

Had a dream during my 8 minute snooze between alarms this morning.

While not quite a recurring dream, it had a recurring theme of being on a passenger jet (in this case a British Airways 747-400, except it transformed into something more like a 767 mid-dream).

It was taxiing to the runway via an impossibly narrow route between airport buildings where its wings magically didn't collide with anything. Once it got to a clearer area, it deployed its thrusters at full power to commence take-off. 

At this point, I had a moment of semi-lucidity, thinking, "At last, a dream where I'm on a plane which is going to take off and fly successfully". Because whenever I have a dream like this, that never happens. At best, the plane I'm sitting in gets to a few thousand feet and finds it impossible to get any higher (the symbolism seems pretty obvious!).

Anyway, my second alarm rudely ended the dream just as the plane started rolling down the runway.

The Picnic Wasp

A very lucid, lengthy Rush dream last night, probably fever driven. Geddy and Alex had got back together with an anonymous drummer for a show. The venue was a huge cinema style building. The stage was quite ornately presented and all looked good for a welcome return to touring. I was very surprised to notice a few former work colleagues across the aisle from my seat. Folk who would definitely not attend a concert of this nature.

A lot of the dream was given to me desperately trying to procure alcohol before the gig, eventually managing to buy some vodka which I secreted in a plastic water bottle. There was some introductory music and then the audience started to welcome the band with a song they had put together like a musical football chant. The words and tune were crystal clear in the dream but I can't remember it now. The gig didn't really ever start. Geddy would say a few words now and then but none of those familiar songs was started. People started to gather in a circle where the seats had mysteriously disappeared complaining about this being the worst gig they had ever attended.

After a half hour interval the second half failed to produce any music. I spoke to a pretty young girl who had sneaked into the seat next to mine. She didn't appear to have a ticket but I only became annoyed when her friend joined her and left me very little room.

Something very similar to this situation happened in real life to me at R30 in Wembley Arena first night. Anyway, I became more fixated in having a drink and wondering why my friends didn't want to do so too. The dream then faded into some other fluey inspired drivel.

Matt2112

From last night:

I'm casually walking through Halifax town centre (which looks nothing like it actually does) and I happen to spot Bono doing the same.

I go and introduce myself and it appears he's due to leave town imminently. Given this urgency, I effusively recommend that his band plays at the Piece Hall, explaining that I know it's a much smaller venue than he's used to, but it's become iconic and they could do it as some sort of warm-up gig.

He responds warmly, so I suggest that he can immediately go and look at the venue for himself, since we are barely two minutes walk away.

But he politely insists he doesn't really have time and the dream ends.

Slim

Drifted in and out of a series of odd dreams this morning. In one of them I'm on a cruise ship, but I'm travelling alone. I realise that I haven't bothered to look around the ship properly, haven't even visited the promenade deck. Then I bump into my wife on a stairway.

Yesterday on a different forum I was saying how I prefer just to hang round local beaches, bars and restaurants and not go anywhere when on holiday and I think the above is a metaphor for that. Mrs G likes to go sightseeing and travel around.

Next, I'm in some strange city, going for breakfast. I think the scenery is based on London Bridge station. I see my younger stepdaughter walking ahead of me. Then I realise I haven't brought a debit card so I turn back.

Yesterday morning, an odd one in which I go up in a hot air balloon with both stepdaughters. But the "basket" of the balloon is an enclosed wooden cabin with a small window. I barely feel like we're up in the air at all. I'm about to check the altitude (there's an altimeter like a clock on a column in the cabin) when we land again.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Had a dream last night that my Blue Suede Chelsea Boots had been eaten by Beetles, leaving them as a brittle plastic.

Just been to look at them and they're covered in mould. Spooky huh?

Slim

I went for a nap after work, and I had two dreams. In the first, I open my wardrobe door and I see a dark blue fleece. Why don't I wear that more often? I think to myself.

When I woke up I realised that it was a fleece that the firm I worked for gave me as a freebie in 2000, everyone who worked on a particular project got one. It had the company branding over the left breast pocket and the name of the project, which I can't remember.

I left it in a Starbucks in Nottingham in 2006, went back to get it five minutes later and it had gone.

I have a pic of myself wearing it somewhere .. found it. Selfie at St Pancras Station, August 22nd 2005.

And now I have a compulsion to buy another blue fleece.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

A bizarre cornucopia of dreams this morning. I awoke at about 6AM from a powerfully emotional dream in which I'm a member of some uniformed service - the police, or the armed forces, and one of my colleagues is a blonde woman with short hair. I'm in love with her, but she's being posted back to the US and I won't see her again.

Just before I wake, she tells me I'm projecting my feelings about something else onto her, and they aren't real.

Then I go back to sleep, and I dream that a real-life colleague of mine called Pete, who plays bass in a band occasionally, is telling me about recording sessions (as far as I know in real life he's never set foot in a studio). He's telling me that the best session players are sometimes invited to take part in a second session at midnight, and are called "moon finches".

Then I dream I'm in a large house with a number of other people. One of them is a woman in her 20s. She strips completely naked. She has very pale, almost fluorescent skin with freckles, and she's very thin.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

A very vivid, lengthy and complex dream this morning but unusual in the respect that my subconscious seemed to be able to successfully manipulate situations in my favour. I had been tasked with taking notes in a crowded tribunal situation due to a colleague's (a stranger's) misconduct. I hadn't taken on board the importance of this duty and failed to keep details.

When trouble started to brew due to this, I was able to transfer the responsibility onto a former colleague (who actually exists). He was a strange young guy whom I made time for as he was treated quite badly by a number of idiots at work. I believe he had undiagnosed Asperger's as his behaviour was textbook. He wasn't valued at all although his workload was ridiculous and he carried everything out without question. Strange that I should exploit him in a dream. I wish the judge's words hadn't faded as he was a  madcap character.

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on February 11, 2024, 01:45:39 PMWhen trouble started to brew due to this, I was able to transfer the responsibility onto a former colleague (who actually exists). He was a strange young guy whom I made time for as he was treated quite badly by a number of idiots at work. I believe he had undiagnosed Asperger's as his behaviour was textbook.

What sort of behaviour?
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan