What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: dom on December 30, 2023, 05:33:17 PMSuch a lovely show. 2 old funny blokes having a laugh with beautiful scenery and the odd fish!
....and Ted!

pxr5

Rebel Moon - Part One: A Child of Fire  A Zack Snyder movie, supposedly a Star Wars contender. It looks incredible but it lacks in pretty much every other department. A shame as I was really looking forward to this. Part 2 may save the day I guess. 5/10 
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

R6GYY

Both Sian and I thoroughly enjoyed Elvis. Quite a remarkable film.

Wish I'd seen it in the cinema now. Would have been outstanding at the Imax.

R6GYY

We are going to continue with a musical bio theme and watch Respect tonight. Another one that slipped past me in the cinema.

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on December 30, 2023, 09:42:04 PMRebel Moon - Part One: A Child of Fire  A Zack Snyder movie, supposedly a Star Wars contender. It looks incredible but it lacks in pretty much every other department. A shame as I was really looking forward to this. Part 2 may save the day I guess. 5/10

I tried about 30 mins of this, style over substance for sure. Bit slow too. Not for me.

pxr5

Freelance with John Cena (who was brilliant in the hilarious Peacemaker). This movie is supposed to be a comedy/action flick. However it severely lacked in any humour and the action couldn't compensate for that. Sadly, quite a poor effort overall and instantly forgotten. 3/10
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

R6GYY

Quote from: R6GYY on December 31, 2023, 06:08:57 PMWe are going to continue with a musical bio theme and watch Respect tonight. Another one that slipped past me in the cinema.

Which led to the discovery of the documentary Amazing Grace which was filmed over the course of 2 days recording the gospel album of the same name in 1972, but only released in 2019 (the 'birth' or history of this documentary film could need a documentary in its own right!).

Chuffed to discover that this is on BBC iPlayer, so we will catch up with this soon.

Here is a trailer . . .

Slim

Been watching Squid Game: The Challenge on Netflix.

Absolutely brilliant telly.  People forming alliances then betraying each other. People getting frightened and upset. I never would have thought you could have got a decent show out of a real version of Squid Game without people actually getting killed but it's been even better. I've just watched three hours of it, not something my attention span would normally allow.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Earlier - The Wizard of Oz
Now - Mr Bates vs The Post Office

Nickslikk2112

Having heard all the stuff new to my ears in the Camel Box it's time to watch :)

Camel - The Video Vaults

Slim

Quote from: Slim on January 01, 2024, 09:21:07 PMBeen watching Squid Game: The Challenge on Netflix.

Absolutely brilliant telly.  People forming alliances then betraying each other. People getting frightened and upset. I never would have thought you could have got a decent show out of a real version of Squid Game without people actually getting killed but it's been even better. I've just watched three hours of it, not something my attention span would normally allow.

Watched all ten of these, now. Brilliant telly. Very cleverly edited and designed. Proper mindfuck material in parts.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

Camel - The Video Vaults: BBC TV Sight and Sound in Concert 1977

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Quote from: Fishy on January 05, 2024, 08:09:54 PMMr Bates vs The Post Office
Recorded 'Mr Bates vs The Post Office: the real story". After watching the dramatisation, I considered this essential