Wordle - may contain spoilers

Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

About 20 minutes, most of it spent on the last entry.

Wordle 535 4/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 535 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Surprised and pleased that guess three AMOUR was permitted as it was a great help. About five minutes today.

R6GYY

Wordle 536 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A little worried after the 1st 2 attempts, but pulled it back with my 3rd word. Couple of minutes today.

Slim

Wordle 536 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quick one for a change, about three minutes.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 536 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lucky guess on three which gave me a BOOST. "Slightly rippled with a flat underside". I liked that Vic & Bob ad. I also think Bob's new partnership with Paul Whitehouse works brilliantly. I'd like to see them develop that outwith Gone Fishing. Sorry. Incorrect thread content twice there.

R6GYY

Wordle 537 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩

Well, it has been a long time since I had a complete failure, but there it is.

Slim

Five goes, but pretty quick - maybe three minutes.

Wordle 537 5/6

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 537 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wow! One minute. Disaster start with LUCKY on a whim. Switched to TRAIN and bingo. Quickest for a long time. Niggling regret that I didn't begin with TRAIN though. Could've been a line two finish. Oh well. Guaranteed any kind of form will evaporate if there is a Christmas contest.

Slim

How about we have a Christmas Wordle league starting on 14th Dec and culminating on 24th - everyone up for that? Same points system as before. If you miss a day due to other commitments you can make a late entry using https://wordlereplay.com/ at any time.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

I'm up for that James. I wonder if we will get any more takers beyond the usual 3.

The Picnic Wasp

Sounds good to me. Eleven days of disastrous form awaits me. Pity I can't use HUMBUG. Hey, there's an idea! Maybe we should have to use a different Christmas related word as a start line each day and declare it after all entries are in. I'm claiming HOLLY right now as I can't think of any others off the top of my head. I think Fishy has mentioned playing Wordle before but I think he's relying on C*#*Y as the solution. Not very Christmassy. Matt probably wouldn't be interested in a contest where the words only have five letters.😉 Sorry Matt.

R6GYY

Wordle 538 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Crikey. That was another hairy one. Nearly blew it again.

Slim

I tried a new first word, which drew a blank. My second word was very useful. But I wish I'd had a more thorough look before deploying the third word, which was a long shot. All done in about three minutes anyway.

Wordle 538 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pleasantly symmetrical, if nothing else.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Yeah I enjoy wordle and nerdle...
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 538 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thank you Reg! New start word gave me a D so I went with your Bake Off inspired BREAD. Shooty-in after that. One minute, maybe less. Dreading the 14th 😁