Dave Myers has passed away

Started by R6GYY, February 29, 2024, 11:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Dreadful news this morning.

Heart-breaking after appearing to be on the road to recovery although I knew he was still undergoing treatment even whilst filming the current series "Hairy Bikers Go West".

We watched episode 3 last night (Lancashire), and I think it is going to be really difficult to watch the remaining episodes.

I am not ashamed to admit that I have shed a tear or two this morning and it was such a shock.

I am sure that there will be an outpouring of love and well-wishes for Dave's family, and of course his long, long-time best friend and collaborator, Si King.

You will be sorely missed Dave.

R.I.P.

The Picnic Wasp

Lovely words, Reg. I too felt quite emotional when I read the breaking news this morning. Si King's tribute to his dear friend was truly touching. Dave had such a genuine, special talent and personality. He did make you feel that you knew him personally. I've quite often repeated the tale he told about his father strapping an unexploded shell to his bike and taking it to the local police station. Their reaction was obvious, but Dave's telling of the story was hysterical and unforgettable.

I hoped he was going to get better eventually but alas, not to be.

R.I.P. Sir.

Slim

Sad news. I used to listen to their Sunday show on Planet Rock sometimes. Never been a big fan of cooking programmes but I did like the one where they were off their heads on culinary marijuana.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Hadn't realised "Hairy Bikers Go West" was a new series or I'd have been watching. He seemed like a decent bloke and must admit it got to me a bit when I heard the news. I knew he wasn't well, but still...