Paul O'Grady

Started by R6GYY, March 29, 2023, 06:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

I wasn't sure where to put this - possibly Movies etc., and I apologise if someone has already posted somewhere else.

I was very saddened when I awoke this morning to the news that Paul O'Grady had passed away peacefully at the age of 67.

Regardless of whatever he did prior (I certainly didn't appreciate his drag days!), I will always love him for the work he did with animals, most notably on TV with For The Love Of Dogs promoting Battersea Dogs Home (and other animals too of course).

Not often does the death of a celebrity affect me, but his does, and my warmest condolences to his family and friends, and all he worked with.

You will be missed Paul.

The Picnic Wasp

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments, Reg. As soon as I heard the news this morning my thoughts were directed immediately towards the loss he will be to Battersea and the good he did for animal, particularly dog welfare. Whenever he visited a sad case at Battersea, you just knew he was trying to calculate a way in which he could help, even adopting dogs himself whenever he could convince himself it was practical. I hope someone steps forward to try and fill those shoes, but it will be a difficult task. Martin Clunes is probably too busy but he is another person who I greatly admire for his love of animals.

RIP Paul

pxr5

Yes I was moved quite a lot when heard of his sad passing this morning. He was so professional in all he did and I admired his graft to get where he deservedly ended up. A sad loss indeed. RIP sir.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

R6GYY

Some news: there is a tribute to him on TV on Easter Sunday night (For The Love Of Paul O'Grady), and then a new series of Paul O'Grady's For The Love Of Dogs starts on April 13th.