Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Awful weather here until the end of the month

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

And the clocks go back a week on sat/sun...😩
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Quote from: Fishy on October 19, 2023, 12:07:49 PMAnd the clocks go back a week on sat/sun...😩
A week?? That's a very long lie in
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Quote from: Slim on October 19, 2023, 12:27:47 PM
Quote from: Fishy on October 19, 2023, 12:07:49 PMAnd the clocks go back a week on sat/sun...😩

Wish they went back about 6 months tbh..
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Quote from: Fishy on October 19, 2023, 12:42:17 PM
Quote from: Slim on October 19, 2023, 12:27:47 PM

Wish they went back about 6 months tbh..
Fifty years is my shout. Best music.....ever!

Nickslikk2112

It's raining.

Don't know if I'll get to Tesco tonight, it's gridlocked in Chesterfield. Might have to be a walk to Sainsburys - but not if it's still raining.

The Picnic Wasp

What a grim day! Feels like a total eclipse occurred ten minutes ago.

The Picnic Wasp

At last, the wind has changed direction and Alfie gets to chase and bark at the Emirates A380 again.

Matt2112

Actually quite pleasant for much of the day in central London today.

Much better than yesterday, when Storm Ciaran had me fearing our flight from Athens to Stansted Airport could be diverted at the very least, but the final approach and landing wasn't too wobbly at all and we were only 20 minutes behind schedule.

Matt2112

As a rule I don't like the cold; however, these last few nights have been that frosty, pleasantly still sort of cold that makes for an enjoyable walk with the dog, as long as we keep moving!  And the sight of a moonbow is always a bonus. :)

We had an inch of snow in the early hours of this morning, and while most of it has now gone, ice will be an issue tonight.

Nickslikk2112

As a rule, I love cold sunny weather like this, especially with a light covering of snow - which lasted the day. But today for whatever reason I've felt chilled to the marrow. :(

Slim

Horrible wet weather again and very frustrating as I need to do another 260 miles on a bike this month. But - supposedly there's a run of decent condition days coming up in a week or so. Even the forecast for the 18th only has mist after 6pm.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

This is so depressing. Quarter past two in the afternoon and it feels like nighttime already. It hasn't stopped raining for days and even the back garden lawn has puddles. I wonder how the weather compares in somewhere like Devon. I'm seriously sick of winters like these. Must be an age thing.

pxr5

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on December 10, 2023, 02:18:35 PMThis is so depressing. Quarter past two in the afternoon and it feels like nighttime already. It hasn't stopped raining for days and even the back garden lawn has puddles. I wonder how the weather compares in somewhere like Devon. I'm seriously sick of winters like these. Must be an age thing.
Yes, it's been awful this winter so far. We have 2 little Dachshunds and it's hard trying to get them out in this weather. They're OK once out and it starts raining but trying to get them out of the front door when it's raining can be a chore. Of course being so low to the ground is hard for them too as they get splashed constantly.

Where in the UK are you? I think it's crap everywhere. I remember when we lived in Peterhead and it actually snowed in June once.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

Oh yes, Peterhead. I had a couple of customers I used to visit there and even in the summer the wind off the North Sea could cut you. I remember being very happy to get back to the car after picking up a sandwich from Morrisons. I live north of Glasgow. Lovely area surrounded by woods and fields (although a lot of house building recently, with more threatened) but definitely suffers from the west of Scotland relief rainfall pattern. I've never lived anywhere else but spent a fair bit of time on the Essex coast in the past. The weather there just seemed that much more settled. Cold in the winter, but without the regular driving windy rain. The reason I mentioned the age thing is that the weather here feels as if it getting worse but I'm not sure if I'm right or if I just feel the cold more.