Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Pogi can be beaten! Only got third today!

Well played Jhonatan Narvaez. Plucky Brit Geraint Thomas came in 10th, which is better than I thought he would, always comes in a bit undercooked for a Grand Tour.

Thenop

My guess is Pogi trained to be the best over 3 weeks, in doing so losing some of his immediate response quality. Day for day maybe 1 person can be better, but he will not be beaten overall. The ease he came from nearly last n the peloton to pass by and ride to the 2nd place, impressive.

Well done Narvaez indeed.
Disappointed in Arensman.

Nickslikk2112

I think Pogi really did want to try and win all 21 stages. But I don't think he'll mind now that he can't so long as he has some fun.

Nickslikk2112

That's it. Pogi in pink. Can he win 20 stages? He even had a crash.

Plucky Brit Geraint Thomas came in 3rd.

And well done Demi Vollering for winning the Vuelta Espana Feminine

Thenop

Vollering was fantastic, great win.

And Pogi, well.. I don't see anyone coming even close.

Nickslikk2112

Hmmm, that was supposed to be a boring sprint stage. The first half was, then after the first intermediate sprint the sprinters took off together in a break which caused big splits in the chasing peloton.

It all came back together again. Pogi and G picked up bonus seconds in the second intermediate sprint, then when Mikkel Honoré took off with 3k to go, Pogi went off in pursuit and G had to follow. They dropped Honoré and were then caught with about 250m to go and a regular sprint finish happened, bonkers.

Hope tomorrow's boring sprint stage is a dull!

Thenop

It was a weird one, with a logical conclusion. But still, Pogi is trying t prove himself a bit too much. Last time he did that he lost the TdF.

Nickslikk2112

Not so much stiff competition in the Giro though.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 06, 2024, 07:04:39 PMNot so much stiff competition in the Giro though.
We're not in week 3 yet ;)

Nickslikk2112

What's up? Pogi didn't contest that stage!

Good win for Jonathan Milan, was hoping Top Ganna would make it, but he'd not quite got enough.

Shame that Bini Girmay's out after two crashes.

Thenop

Didn't see anything. Work, it takes up so much of my free time...

Anyway, good news today: Vingegaard is back in training and says he will do everything to make the TdF.

Nickslikk2112

I'm retired, spend too much time watching cycling. Still, it lets me travel the world without leaving the comfort of my settee, somehow Italy seems more tempting than Belgium.

They were discussing Vingegaard on the commentary today and they think it will be a hard battle for him, but he may well be able to hit the ground pedalling and cycle back into form in the Tour.