Two rounds left, all to play for.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Fishy

Think the winner is coming from slim nop or picnic

Good luck everyone...👍
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Well I was going to wait for Dom's result to come in on the vidiprinter, but with all due humility I don't think it's likely to cause an upset. So:

It's far from a done deal.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

And there we have it! Thanks to everyone who took part, very happy with my bronze medal. Big congratulations to Thenop for a very consistent performance with a minor hiccup on the second round. Great credit to Picnic for a similarly consistent performance, tripped up just before the finish tape.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Well done noppers... interesting that if it had been the other competition slim and picnic would have tied today...
From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Fair play thenop. Very impressive!

Thenop

Woohoo.
Thank you to my worthy adversaries in this. Happy to make it all the way and win it.
Of course the trademarked scoring system allowed me to win, thank you Reg.
Just a quick note on yesterday's word and how I got there. Like said, I was outside walking the dogs, phone in my right hand, dogs' leishes in the other when I opened Wordle. I wanted to use punch as opener but mistyped and it ended up reading pinch. Happy to see the H in the correct position and the N showing up yellow I looked up, the meadows looked nice, a fresh morning breeze and an already warm sun brought me back to a festival I visited some 13 years ago. I saw Baroness and purchased their 2nd full album (Blue) there. I liked it a lot, still do.
Back to my phone then, what 5 letter word ending with H, containing an N could I possibly put in? The solution came to me there and then, I filled it out and it was a done deal. Happy with my second line winner I smiled and then it struck me: the Baroness album I bought many years ago, and still liked so much had given me the solution.... Track 11 on this album

So thank you Baroness!