Torridon Estate B&B

Started by Slim, August 12, 2023, 12:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

We stayed at some great places during our Scotland holiday, but unfortunately there was a low point. While I realise that this won't be of particular interest to most visitors of this site, I'm going to post this here in the hope that a Google search might pick it up and help someone.

I've already posted slightly moderated versions of this review on Tripadvisor, and on Google.

We had a wonderful 10 days touring the North Coast 500 but our unfortunate decision to stay in this filthy place was by quite some distance the absolute low point.

I could write off the huge crack in the washbasin and the cracks in the windows as period charm. Maybe I could overlook the brown water that comes out of the toilet cistern. Perhaps it's recycled rain water.

But the dirty floor, the debris between the wooden floorboards, the grime round the window frames, the flapjack crumbs on the headboard shelf, the thin film of dirt punctuated by greasy fingermarks on the bedside lights, the matted hair in the washbasin plughole .. I could go on but I think you've got the picture by now.

Unlike everywhere else we stayed, there are no breakfast options. Just "breakfast". I have no idea what it was because I didn't want to take the risk. We didn't hang around to find out, we were out of there as early as possible. I couldn't wait to leave.

Hilariously, there's a notice in the room asking you to remove your bed linen and place it in a bag before you leave. At £165 a night for a filthy room, you can do your own housekeeping, thanks. I suppose it's encouraging to know that they do at least clean the sheets from time to time.

The staff aren't particularly friendly or welcoming, either.

The nearest restaurants and bars are a couple of miles away, involving a long drive along a muddy, bumpy track.

I wiped my feet on the way out. This is a very nasty, dirty, run down place. Don't let the shameless, dirty swine who run this shithole ruin your holiday. We were fortunate - we arrived in the evening, we left as soon as we could in the morning. I dread to think how soul-destroying a few days in a place like this would be.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Thanks for the warning, I did enjoy your review and the below quote from a previous guest on TA.

'By the way I was harshly hit by a goat 3 times like a bull on our way out. I screamed for help without luck.

God bless future visitors"