What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Dental check up this morning and all good first appt in about 15 months.. they said the next could be up to 18 months away..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

New bathroom coming along slowly, but hopefully finished early next week.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

I like the industrial look, looks like slabs placed vertically?

Slim

Quote from: Thenop on February 29, 2024, 06:09:24 PMI like the industrial look, looks like slabs placed vertically?

It looks like slate, but they're actually panels made out of some sort of synthetic material.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on March 01, 2024, 12:19:11 PM
Quote from: Thenop on February 29, 2024, 06:09:24 PMI like the industrial look, looks like slabs placed vertically?

It looks like slate, but they're actually panels made out of some sort of synthetic material.
Go careful if they might contain asbestos

Thenop

Quote from: David L on March 01, 2024, 12:26:52 PM

Is that still a thing with new materials? It's been banned in full over here since 1994.

David L

Quote from: Thenop on March 01, 2024, 01:28:32 PM
Quote from: David L on March 01, 2024, 12:26:52 PM

Is that still a thing with new materials? It's been banned in full over here since 1994.
Ha! I thought that was the wall before tiling! Oops! Industrial indeed! (I guess that's the 'modern' look). Clearly I didn't look closely enough. Our bathroom is the essentially the same as when we installed it - modern in....1988!
Apologies -  I'm not having a good day, I'll get my coat 😏

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on March 01, 2024, 02:17:37 PMOur bathroom is the essentially the same as when we installed it - modern in....1988!

Must tell Mrs S about this, she wants to update our bathroom, but ours is really modern, only had it since 1995  ;D

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 01, 2024, 03:39:18 PM
Quote from: David L on March 01, 2024, 02:17:37 PMOur bathroom is the essentially the same as when we installed it - modern in....1988!

Must tell Mrs S about this, she wants to update our bathroom, but ours is really modern, only had it since 1995  ;D
Have a word! Compared to ours, that's state of the art. Tell her she can have a different colour toothbrush.

Slim

Our house was built in the early noughties I believe, so the old bathroom had a decent innings.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

Having to rip out a bathroom that was fitted less than 2 years ago as it continually had leaks and I just gave up.
Originally employed  company who looked very impressive who quoted 2 weeks for a full rip out and refurb...it took 51 weeks.

Had to rip right out, strip back to brickwork and just start again...albeit using the same bath, basin, loo and brassware.  Massive pain, but I'm using all my own guys so at least I know the finish will be good.

Slim

Bathroom finished! Finally. Except for the mirror. And I have to paint two walls (not visible in the pic).

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

This seems odd .. the first page of Vodafone's guide to their "Home Phone" product features a photo of a young lady with a rotary dial phone.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/document/vfcon065790.pdf
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on March 06, 2024, 06:43:41 PMThis seems odd .. the first page of Vodafone's guide to their "Home Phone" product features a photo of a young lady with a rotary dial phone.

Opens up a whole new market: a dial phone with built in wifi and 5g network for connectivity, take it anywhere you go!

Slim

Quote from: Thenop on March 06, 2024, 06:47:17 PM
Quote from: Slim on March 06, 2024, 06:43:41 PMThis seems odd .. the first page of Vodafone's guide to their "Home Phone" product features a photo of a young lady with a rotary dial phone.

Opens up a whole new market: a dial phone with built in wifi and 5g network for connectivity, take it anywhere you go!

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan