What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Amazon have just delivered a watch strap in cardboard packaging nearly the size of a shoe box.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

A letter in the post from a huge car retailer warning me they have been hacked and that I am at risk (along with thousands of others) of identity theft, as well as the possibility of my bank account being emptied. Strangely other people I know have been contacted by email. Hopefully I didn't give them that at the time of my last purchase, although I'm sure I've had emails in the past.

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

Matt2112

Hearing "Thessaloniki" being mis-pronounced by BBC News, with the stress on the third syllable; it actually should be on the fourth.  ::)

Slim

I've been looking forward to buying Matt Hancock's book, but I don't really want to pay more than about £15 for it. It's worth a great deal more than that to me to be fair, but I suspect it will ultimately come down under £15. Well - it was getting there, £16.20 if I recall correctly yesterday.

But now he's been in the news again of course the price has bumped up a couple of quid again.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

I was supposed to be in Italy this week, Ryanair refused me to board as my passport was over 10 years old but still within its expiry date. Was in France(EasyJet)last month and Germany(Lufthansa) the month before. Apparently only Ryan air pull this stunt.

Thanks Brexit... now I have to get a blue passport for sure.

David L

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 07:51:58 PMI was supposed to be in Italy this week, Ryanair refused me to board as my passport was over 10 years old but still within its expiry date. Was in France(EasyJet)last month and Germany(Lufthansa) the month before. Apparently only Ryan air pull this stunt.

Thanks Brexit... now I have to get a blue passport for sure.
Yeah, EU companies can be c***ts

Fishy

Whatsapping virgin media who think they are going to put my bill up..
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Barry from Eggheads saying that Cliff Richard had a hit "in England" with It's All In The Game. Really Barry? Only people from England bought the single? I think he also said it reached No 1, but I looked it up and it was No 2. I can excuse folk from abroad using England in place of UK, but not a supposedly intelligent Brit.

pxr5

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 06, 2023, 02:26:34 PMBarry from Eggheads saying that Cliff Richard had a hit "in England" with It's All In The Game. Really Barry? Only people from England bought the single? I think he also said it reached No 1, but I looked it up and it was No 2. I can excuse folk from abroad using England in place of UK, but not a supposedly intelligent Brit.

I'm surprised anyone bought that single lol. Anyway did you know people (specifically a Canadian) think Wales is in England:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64680104

Matt2112

Upper right arm is sore from a maddeningly addictive bowling game on the Nintendo Switch. :-\

pxr5

Because our useless letting agent has messed up and the person who has been dealing with our repossession order for our rented property has left we have only just found out we now have to attend court tomorrow for a hearing. And it's in Fleetwood, not Blackpool.

pxr5

Fuckshitpissbollocks. We had our court hearing today for repossession of our rented out property. The judge dismissed our case based on a technicality from an old trial precedent set in 2014 - we pointed out what the .gov website says and he stated it was wrong (wtf are people supposed to do?). All to do with a protected deposit, a system that didn't even exist when the tenancy was set up. This has not been helped by the incompetent buffoon from the letting agent who was dealing with our case. He was sacked last Wednesday as it seems he has made many mistakes with other landlords as well as us. The judge said we had slipped through the cracks on a very minor point, but the law is the law. We went straight back to the letting agents who knew nothing about this issue either and nor would any others they said.

Anyway because the letting agent fucked up, the owner is reimbursing us all our court costs to date and will cover any expense for the next Section 21 - which is going in ASAP. More fucking time to wait though.

I'll never be a landlord again. When it works it's great, but the tenant seems to get much more rights than than the owner. God only knows what will happen when Section 21s are binned, I really fear for the private rental market? If you rent out, get rid now before Section 21s go is my advice.

The Picnic Wasp

Dentist put me on antibiotics yesterday preparing for a difficult extraction next week. Never had any adverse reaction before but felt really nauseous earlier. Talk of gum sutures when it happens as it's a large molar broken below the gum line. Haven't ever needed those before so a bit worried about how it will feel afterwards.