What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Had the misfortune to see some of The One Show  last night with Alex Jones going all wet about the return of S Club 7.. 'kin hell..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Supposed to be a sunny day here, but it's decidedly overcast. It's been foggy all morning and it hasn't quite lifted yet. Feels colder than the advertised 10C, as well.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on February 14, 2023, 01:00:48 PMSupposed to be a sunny day here, but it's decidedly overcast. It's been foggy all morning and it hasn't quite lifted yet. Feels colder than the advertised 10C, as well.

Maybe wrong thread but I like fog. Just a mysterious feeling about it when it happens that has always pleased me. Quite rare nowadays days in these parts. Not sure why.

Basspedalman

Quote from: Fishy on February 14, 2023, 09:11:57 AMHad the misfortune to see some of The One Show  last night with Alex Jones going all wet about the return of S Club 7.. 'kin hell..

..... Yes!!! God she is such a SAP!!! Everyone is her 'Favourite' and how you can use the word 'Classic Hits' when describing S-Club 7 is beyond me? The only saving grace is that I always thought Tina and Rachel would age well and they have....  ::)

pxr5

We've been trying to get our tenant out of our rented house since last June. It's all quite complicated, and too much to try and explain here, but we're at the stage where we need to go to court now and ultimately get the bailiffs in. All at our expense of course.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nick

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on February 14, 2023, 03:29:49 PM
Quote from: Slim on February 14, 2023, 01:00:48 PMSupposed to be a sunny day here, but it's decidedly overcast. It's been foggy all morning and it hasn't quite lifted yet. Feels colder than the advertised 10C, as well.

Maybe wrong thread but I like fog. Just a mysterious feeling about it when it happens that has always pleased me. Quite rare nowadays days in these parts. Not sure why.

Plenty on the Somerset levels. Many a time I have driven down the M5 and just hit a wall of fog, scary stuff, especially with some drivers still hitting max speed.

Matt2112

Fog is a fantastic sight when it's sitting in the Calder Valley and you can look down on it from your village at the top of one of its hills. :)

captainkurtz

Went to see 2 comedians at a comedy club and they were both shite.  Pissed me off to have wasted a night.

Basspedalman

Quote from: pxr5 on February 16, 2023, 01:22:25 PMWe've been trying to get our tenant out of our rented house since last June. It's all quite complicated, and too much to try and explain here, but we're at the stage where we need to go to court now and ultimately get the bailiffs in. All at our expense of course.

I feel your pain. The headlines are all about evil landlords but some tenants really take the piss!!

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 16, 2023, 10:18:32 PMFog is a fantastic sight when it's sitting in the Calder Valley and you can look down on it from your village at the top of one of its hills. :)

I experienced a similar sight when driving home just after dawn one morning. The neighbouring town sits about two or three hundred feet higher and as I drove over the brow of the hill separating the two, for a brief second, I thought I was looking at a coastal scene as my home town lay under a complete flat blanket of mist. Quite spectacular and moving in a sense when I realised I might never see it just like that again.

Slim

Very early in the morning the mist can be spectacular in the summer, when the sun's just come out. I set off at 04:35 on a bike ride in June last year and the scenery in Nottinghamshire was amazing; as if it had been decorated with bright cotton wool. Should have stopped to take a pic but it was very cold and I wanted to press on into higher ground, away from the cold air.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Quote from: Basspedalman on February 17, 2023, 04:06:36 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on February 16, 2023, 01:22:25 PMWe've been trying to get our tenant out of our rented house since last June. It's all quite complicated, and too much to try and explain here, but we're at the stage where we need to go to court now and ultimately get the bailiffs in. All at our expense of course.

I feel your pain. The headlines are all about evil landlords but some tenants really take the piss!!
Well, the court order has gone in now - something we really didn't want to do. We've been so good as landlords too, everything ever reported has been addressed within a week. We even had the whole back garden fence replaced as the tenant was worried about their dog escaping - except the tenancy agreement doesn't allow pets. The house is wrecked as well - it was immaculate when the tenancy started. I don't think I'll ever bother renting a house out again, especially with stopping Section 21's.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

Spent most of the day trying to find a company to rebuild my garden wall. Either no call back or not interested. Loads of websites trying to grab my email address to sell on though.

Slim

The BBC have hired a continuity announcer for BBC1 who can barely pronounce a word of English properly.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on February 20, 2023, 10:28:23 PMThe BBC have hired a continuity announcer for BBC1 who can barely pronounce a word of English properly.
Been there a while actually. Definitely there to 'make up the quotas'