What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Shit weather forecasts.

13% chance of rain this morning on the BBC forecast, so what's that that's been hammering against my windows for the last half hour?

Met Office say up to 80% chance of rain before noon.

Who did the BBC used to use? Who would give a better forecast?

But no, Auntie follows Tory competition policy Diktat to move to cheaper suppliers, especially as said supplier is European. Don't like the natives do you auntie?

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on January 13, 2023, 10:26:55 AMShit weather forecasts.

13% chance of rain this morning on the BBC forecast, so what's that that's been hammering against my windows for the last half hour?

Met Office say up to 80% chance of rain before noon.

Who did the BBC used to use? Who would give a better forecast?

But no, Auntie follows Tory competition policy Diktat to move to cheaper suppliers, especially as said supplier is European. Don't like the natives do you auntie?
Take anything that comes out of the BBC with a pinch of salt
Facts are not their thing

dom

If facts are not the BBC's thing whose are?  I would say they are one of the most trusted organisations out there!

This article confirms that it is, but that it is dropping.  Probably down to "independent" sources on You Tube etc, that don't have any of the internal sccrutiny that a BBC journalist would have.  The huge pool of conspiracy theorists and people spreading their own snake oil seems to have caused a reduction in the main media outlets across the board.

https://pressgazette.co.uk/news/times-telegraph-trust/

Slim

The BBC undoubtedly has an anti-Conservative agenda, and whatever internal scrutiny takes place is more likely to ensure that's maintained than to make sure their journalism follows some notion of "truth", which is not their primary concern.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

It undoubtedly doesn't, certainly not as an organisation. There are journalists within the company that lean to the left and to the right.

Matt2112

Fiona Bruce is often labelled a Tory shill on Twatter and TwoFacedbook.

My objections to her performances on QT are purely about how dreadfully unprofessional, unselfconsciously rude, conceited and irritating she is, but that's another story.

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 14, 2023, 02:53:19 AMFiona Bruce is often labelled a Tory shill on Twatter and TwoFacedbook.

My objections to her performances on QT are purely about how dreadfully unprofessional, unselfconsciously rude, conceited and irritating she is, but that's another story.
'Rear of the Year' 2010
:D

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 14, 2023, 02:53:19 AMFiona Bruce is often labelled a Tory shill on Twatter and TwoFacedbook.

I'd almost given up on QT before she took over due to the poor quality of the panellists, but no matter who they have on I can't watch it with that shekky hedded patronising bint.

Slim

Quote from: dom on January 14, 2023, 12:56:11 AMIt undoubtedly doesn't, certainly not as an organisation. There are journalists within the company that lean to the left and to the right.

There's no doubt whatever that the BBC is a campaigning, left-wing broadcaster. It's not a coincidence that its presenters invariably turn out to be Tory-hating left-wing fools with their heads up their arses once they leave the corporation and turn up elsewhere, like Shelagh Fogarty, Jon Sopel and Andrew Marr, for example. Or in some cases before they even leave the BBC, like Gary Lineker, Emily Maitlis, Martine Croxall. Radio 4 especially is deeply infused with left-wing / liberal groupthink.

It's not even an argument frankly - I'm simply expressing a self-evident truth.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on January 14, 2023, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: dom on January 14, 2023, 12:56:11 AMIt undoubtedly doesn't, certainly not as an organisation. There are journalists within the company that lean to the left and to the right.

There's no doubt whatever that the BBC is a campaigning, left-wing broadcaster. It's not a coincidence that its presenters invariably turn out to be Tory-hating left-wing fools with their heads up their arses once they leave the corporation and turn up elsewhere, like Shelagh Fogarty, Jon Sopel and Andrew Marr, for example. Or in some cases before they even leave the BBC, like Gary Lineker, Emily Maitlis, Martine Croxall. Radio 4 especially is deeply infused with left-wing / liberal groupthink.

Correct. The BBC is not an impartial organisation, until it comes to the part where we're all charged the same amount to watch / listen to their opinions. Even worse now that Clive Myrie has obviously been coerced into introducing more of the pantomime approach to news reading. Someone needs to tell them Tom Bradby has that covered if that's what a viewer decides they need that evening. BBC Scotland football punditry is also something to behold. It's just a parody of bias now. No longer even disguised.

dom

Its interesting that it takes the journalists to leave the BBC for it to become evident that they are left wing as you claim.

Surely that says something about the editorial control at the Beeb?  Unless you hermetically seal potential journalists away from society they will always have their biases.

Slim

Quote from: dom on January 14, 2023, 03:44:03 PM

Its interesting that it takes the journalists to leave the BBC for it to become evident that they are left wing as you claim.

No, it goes from evident to blatant and unguarded.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Woke up and thought I could smell burnt toast. Worse than that Mrs S had let a pan of milk boil dry. Had windows open as much as possible, but it still stinks >:(

I'm forever walking into the kitchen to find a pan of milk boiling over, I've told her until I'm blue in the face not to walk out after putting the milk on, but it's in one ear and put the other.

Thenop

A filling came out of a molar yesterday. Had to get to the dentist - who is a great guy, we always have a laugh - but when the anesthetic wore off I liked him a bit less.

Nick

This dry January is never ending, still got another weekend to get through.