Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Wishbone Ash - Argus, 50th Anniversary edition.

Ludicrously expensive, but it appears to now be stupidly ludicrously expensive.

David L

Maxoom, the debut album by Mahogany Rush. That's now the full set (13) of Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush vinyl  :D

pxr5

Beardfish - +4626 Comfortzone

I've been hankering after this album on vinyl for a while now. A few on sale at Discogs, but none in the UK. I'd almost given up when a new copy popped up on ebay so I nabbed it quick  ;D
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Raven - Rock Until You Drop (Blue and Purple Smoke vinyl)

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 06, 2023, 11:25:15 AMRaven - Rock Until You Drop (Blue and Purple Smoke vinyl)
Nice, have an original Roadrunner somewhere.

pxr5

Beardfish - The Void

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on May 06, 2023, 04:19:22 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 06, 2023, 11:25:15 AMRaven - Rock Until You Drop (Blue and Purple Smoke vinyl)
Nice, have an original Roadrunner somewhere.
I just had a chewed up cassette copy from a mate's original Neat vinyl.

David L

Bought an early 'black label' copy of Wishbone's Argus. "Looks like it's never been played - near mint".
I don't think so - it's going back  >:(

Nickslikk2112

Blood Ceremony - The Old Ways Remain

pxr5

Gungfly - On Her Journey to the Sun

Thenop

Some old, some new.
Oliver Nelson - The blues and the abstract
Miles Davis - Miles in the sky 45rpm press.
Acid King - Beyond Vision
ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud
Free - Free
This is Flying Dutchman, fantastic 2lp comp for the label late 60s early 70s, jazz funk soul.

David L

Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust

pdw1

Sabbat - Mad Gods and Englishmen box set
actually its the CD version but I am still very excited

David L

Omar and the Howlers - Hard Times in the Land of Plenty
Ronnie Montrose - The Speed of Sound

Thenop

Had a company 'thing', food and drinks etc. Not really my idea of a good outing but much to my delight there was a record store with only used stuff just down the road! So..
The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys (UK 1st press). Gave it a quick clean and tihs thing sounds great. A LOT of low end as oppose to the cd...really surprised with this one
Free Live - also an original. Would have settled for the new one, but this is great of course.
Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride Gatefold cover
Atomic Rooster - Death Walks Behind You. Gatefold & 1st press from Germany. This thing is pristine and sounds absolutely great!
And the fun one of the haul: The Incredible Jimmy Smith (w/Oliver Nelson) doing their version of Peter and the Wolf. I love this Prokofiev tale. Have a early 70's album narrated in Dutch that I played to death as a kid. Looking forward to hearing this!

So: great place that I discovered here, will surely be returning!