Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

Haken's new album Fauna on transparent magenta vinyl turned up today - I pre-ordered it ages ago but not had chance to play it yet.

Ali

Picked up a Canadian copy of 'And Then There Were Three' for 3 quid

On release, it was the first Genesis album that I was underwhelmed by (not including their debut, of course), especially following the majesty of Seconds Out. However, over the years I've learned to really appreciate it, in a very similar way to my experience with Signals

Thenop

Some picks from the last hauls:
Used jazz albums:
Bill Evans - The Paris Concert (EditionTwo)
Freddie Hubbard - Sky Dive
McCoy Tyner - Sama Layuca
Freddie Hubbard - Keep Your Soul Together
Miles Davis - Nefertiti
Miles Davis - Filles De Kilimanjaro

Metal/Rock - new copies.
Worm - Foreverglade
Worm - Bluenothing
High Command - Eclipse Of The Dual Moons
It's Not Night: It's Space - Our Birth Is But A Sleep And A Forgetting
Ulthar - Helionomicon
Ulthar - Anthronomicon
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
Enslaved - Heimdal

pxr5

David L

Just bought a really nice copy of Moonflower by Santana from my local store. Only a tenner for a near mint double LP with a nice cover!

Nickslikk2112

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon live at Wembley Empire Pool 1974

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 26, 2023, 08:26:48 PMPink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon live at Wembley Empire Pool 1974
A brilliant release and the pressing is perfection.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 26, 2023, 09:22:21 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 26, 2023, 08:26:48 PMPink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon live at Wembley Empire Pool 1974
I'll find out one day - if Mrs S can tear herself away from watching endless Escape to the Countrys and other such bilge...

pxr5

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 26, 2023, 09:46:57 PM
Quote from: captainkurtz on March 26, 2023, 09:22:21 PM
I'll find out one day - if Mrs S can tear herself away from watching endless Escape to the Countrys and other such bilge...
I feel your pain. Our TV seems to have constant Married at First Sight Australia on it - currently on episode 32.  >:(

Nickslikk2112

Hawkwind - Sonic Attack (45th Anniversary edition on Blue vinyl)

I'm sure I had this but can't find it. I just have a sleeve for Choose Your Masques, where the contents are I know not...

Ali

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 29, 2023, 03:35:04 PMHawkwind - Sonic Attack (45th Anniversary edition on Blue vinyl)

I'm sure I had this but can't find it. I just have a sleeve for Choose Your Masques, where the contents are I know not...
First time I saw them on, still got the t-shirt (just about fits as a sweatband these days 🤣)

David L

Marvin Gaye - What's going on

pxr5

Thenop

Record Store Day!
Was up early and stood in line. Yes I know, it takes a special kind of idiot.
80% was there for the Taylor Swift lp I was told.
I found everything I set out to buy. Even a rare Wendell Harrison lp limited to 500.
Also: Hawkwind the Iron Dream live 1977 on LP. Will give it a spin soon.
Masters of Reality self titled on LP, Bill Evans sessions, Chet Baker, Art Blakey, Pearl Jam, Miles Davis, and from the used bin a Billy Cobham live lp and an old Monk lp.

Excellent grab!