Christmas presents on vinyl:

Van der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts
Van der Graaf Generator - H To He, Who Am The Only One
Van der Graaf Generator - The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other
Van der Graaf Generator - Godbluff

Pink Floyd - The Wall 2016 Remaster 
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

Robert Fripp - Exposure (Fourth edition, Steven Wilson remix)

Thenop

From the used bin:
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream. Didn't realize it but it's a 1963 USA press, mono. Just to think someone bought this in a (most likely Californian because it's a Hollywood pressing) shop 60 years ago, took it home and played it. But not to death, because it plays absolutely fanatstic. I eman, I don't think I could get similarly excited when I buy a FLAC file to be honest...
Also: Vandenberg, our Dutch heroes, Alibi. Again, a foreign pressing, Mexican this time, and that for a Dutch band...plays fantastic as well.
And, The Cure - Seventeen Seconds, canadian pressing. Don't ask me why all these exotic pressing came to me, the shop must had an international seller pass by and ditching her or his LPs. My gain though, this one also plays fantastic. Even A Forest doesn't sound too beaten up :-)

David L

Quote from: Thenop on January 06, 2023, 10:10:17 AMFrom the used bin:
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream. Didn't realize it but it's a 1963 USA press, mono. Just to think someone bought this in a (most likely Californian because it's a Hollywood pressing) shop 60 years ago, took it home and played it. But not to death, because it plays absolutely fanatstic. I eman, I don't think I could get similarly excited when I buy a FLAC file to be honest...

I feel exactly the same about used vinyl. There's something special about the fact that the physical medium has a history that we can identify with.
It's the same reason I prefer pre-owned watches.

captainkurtz

Quote from: David L on January 06, 2023, 11:23:45 AM
Quote from: Thenop on January 06, 2023, 10:10:17 AMFrom the used bin:

I feel exactly the same about used vinyl. There's something special about the fact that the physical medium has a history that we can identify with.
It's the same reason I prefer pre-owned watches.
Japanese first pressing of Prince's 'Purple Rain' arrived today and I had the same thought.  It always goes through my head whenever used vinyl arrives of the history of that record in its journey into my hands..

Thenop

Japanese first pressing of Prince's 'Purple Rain' arrived today and I had the same thought.  It always goes through my head whenever used vinyl arrives of the history of that record in its journey into my hands..
[/quote]

the LPs I bought were from 1963 and 1980 but I considered Seventeen Seconds to be a 'modern' record.. It's 43 years old. And it only is 17 years apart from the Monk LP.
Since I had that realization this afternoon I feel ancient. Born aeons ago.
Jesus.

pxr5

Haken - The Mountain    I had to get this on vinyl as it's a really great album. More than I'd like to have spent though as quite hard to come by. A great press it is too.

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on January 12, 2023, 07:27:27 PMHaken - The Mountain    I had to get this on vinyl as it's a really great album. More than I'd like to have spent though as quite hard to come by. A great press it is too.

I know the feeling  ;)

Nickslikk2112

Gaupa - Myriad
Black Sabbath - Never Say Die
Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn (Mono)

pxr5

Gary Numan: Replicas and The Pleasure Principle   to replace copies lost over the years.

Nickslikk2112

UFO - No Heavy Petting 2023 reissue on clear vinyl

David L

Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution. Pre-owned near mint from Discogs

pxr5

The Tangent - Pyramids, Stars & Other Stories: The Tangent Live Recordings 2004-2017   3xLP, 2xCD
Riverside - ID.Entity   orange vinyl

Nickslikk2112