Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

^ Great album. Is it the x3 LP version - Number of The Beast, Beast Over Hammersmith? You confused me a little with the Gangland/Total Eclipse thing as the single LP 40th anniversary version is as the original:

https://www.discogs.com/release/22314070-Iron-Maiden-The-Number-Of-The-Beast

I was a bit older when I first got into Maiden proper. I was working in The Shetland Islands (must have been 1984 iirc) on the northern most island. A mate was going down to Lerwick and I bunged him a few quid to get me a couple of IM albums and he came back with the first 5 lol.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on November 19, 2022, 09:14:44 PM^ Great album. Is it the x3 LP version - Number of The Beast, Beast Over Hammersmith? You confused me a little with the Gangland/Total Eclipse thing as the single LP 40th anniversary version is as the original:

https://www.discogs.com/release/22314070-Iron-Maiden-The-Number-Of-The-Beast

I was a bit older when I first got into Maiden proper. I was working in The Shetland Islands (must have been 1984 iirc) on the northern most island. A mate was going down to Lerwick and I bunged him a few quid to get me a couple of IM albums and he came back with the first 5 lol.

It is the 3LP indeed, with the 2LP Beast over Hammersmith being LP2 and 3.
For me it was Beast, then a couple of 12" singles that were around such as Women in Uniform, Maiden Japan(!!) and Run to the Hills "super sound version". That one had Total Eclipse as B side so I knew the track of course. Maiden were good at that early on, B sides and live tracks.
The followed the S/T and Killers which took some getting used to due to the Di'Anno vocals but I quickly relented being such fantastic albums. Killers side A is a work of genius, absolutely brilliant.

pxr5

You know, I always really liked the first 2 Iron Maiden and prefer Paul Di'Anno's vocals to Bruce's. And yes, Killers Side A is off the scale. The first 2 albums are so raw  :)

The Picnic Wasp

I had a couple of pounds left on an iTunes voucher and downloaded the B side Burning Ambition. I've always loved that song.

Nickslikk2112

Arrived back from a Weekend away to find that Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast/Beast over Hammersmith and Candlemass's Sweet Evil Sun has landed.

Thenop

Kiss - Creatures of the night. Half speed master 40th ann whatever, I needed a new copy my (indeed 40 years) old copy is worn out. Nice tip on jacket and actually a decent mastering & pressing job. Oh and the eyes on the sleeve glow in the dark  8)

pxr5

A mint first press of:

Pendragon - The World

pxr5

pxr5

Marillion - Marbles   x3LP box set

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on December 05, 2022, 11:54:50 AMMarillion - Marbles   x3LP box set
Bought this some years ago before Brexit, direct from the website. Lovely boxset, great album. 

Thenop

Andrew Hill - Point of Departure. Blue Note classic, really good this one. And sounding fantastic as well.

Nickslikk2112

King Crimson - Earthbound (50th Anniversary edition)

For the sake of completeness.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on December 07, 2022, 07:06:37 PMKing Crimson - Earthbound (50th Anniversary edition)

The only one I skipped  ;D

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on December 08, 2022, 09:30:02 AM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on December 07, 2022, 07:06:37 PMKing Crimson - Earthbound (50th Anniversary edition)

The only one I skipped  ;D
Fripp has psychic control of my credit card...

pxr5

Marillion - Afraid of Sunlight