What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Fishy

Finished of Vigil.. was a bit shit tbh..
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Finished Beacon 23. A good idea but it went a bit confusing and rushed at the end. 6/10
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nick

Red Lenses

Leave The World Behind (Netflix), really enjoyed this 8.5/10.

Extraction 2 (Netflix), complete nonsense with lots of explosions 6/10.

Reminiscence (Netflix), not what I thought it was going to be Sci-Fi wise 6/10.

2 episodes in of Obliterated (Netflix), good start and plenty of laughs so far 8/10 (at the moment).

Fishy

pxr5

Series 2 of Vikings: Valhalla. I have little recollection of series 1 though lol

Slim

I watched It's A Wonderful Life, for the first time. I bought a DVD copy about 15 years ago and never got round to watching it. I ended up watching it on Channel 4 by channel hopping.

Really something of a masterpiece.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on December 24, 2023, 12:24:07 AMI watched It's A Wonderful Life, for the first time. I bought a DVD copy about 15 years ago and never got round to watching it. I ended up watching it on Channel 4 by channel hopping.

That's on my 'to do' list as I've never watched it and been meaning to for years.

Matt2112

Yes, every year I intend to watch this at the good old Elland Rex cinema but my plan is always scuppered by something or other - usually family-related "fun stuff", so obviously that takes priority.

I note the showing is sold out anyway; might just have to do with streaming for now and try to make the cinema experience next year.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on December 24, 2023, 12:24:07 AMI watched It's A Wonderful Life, for the first time. I bought a DVD copy about 15 years ago and never got round to watching it. I ended up watching it on Channel 4 by channel hopping.

Did you watch the colourised version? I do prefer it.

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on December 24, 2023, 12:21:50 PM

Did you watch the colourised version? I do prefer it.

No, Channel 4 showed the original b&w version. I was wondering if there's a colourised version actually, must check it out.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

dom

Mog's Christmas. Really enjoyed this. Used to read the books to the kids at bedtime. Happy memories

pxr5

Finished Vikings: Valhalla. It's certainly not got that Ragnar effect, but it actually turned out quite well as it went along and by the end it was an exciting romp. Another series to come too - which is nice. 8/10

Just started with The Watcher with Naomi Watts. Reviews aren't great but hey, who knows right?