Main Menu

Behringer UB-Xa

Started by The Picnic Wasp, December 02, 2023, 09:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

This release has given me a problem. This synth has been six years in the making and has been eagerly awaited for by enthusiasts worldwide. I wasn't going to buy another keyboard but this is something special. Based on the famous Oberheim as used by Geddy and others, it captures those incredible 80s sounds that I absolutely loved and devoured. Plus, it has been priced well below what most most were predicting. Andertons have it on pre-sale for late January shipment and I think I'd better order one before the allocation has gone. I know there are Oberheim software synths out there, but I've never really got on all that well with computers. I decided I wasn't drinking this weekend, which is a pity as I think I would have clicked buy, by now if I was a couple of beers in.

The Picnic Wasp

Gave this considerable thought over the past couple of days and decided I should go for it, only to discover the price has been hiked by £100 overnight. I don't understand this and it's enough to put me off.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on December 04, 2023, 01:12:55 PMGave this considerable thought over the past couple of days and decided I should go for it, only to discover the price has been hiked by £100 overnight. I don't understand this and it's enough to put me off.

Impulse control is overrated

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on December 04, 2023, 01:17:00 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on December 04, 2023, 01:12:55 PMGave this considerable thought over the past couple of days and decided I should go for it, only to discover the price has been hiked by £100 overnight. I don't understand this and it's enough to put me off.

I worked in volume sales for a long time, and we always resisted increases in items which were selling well. It's too transparent an activity and does not go down well with loyal customers.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on December 04, 2023, 01:21:16 PM
Quote from: Thenop on December 04, 2023, 01:17:00 PM

I worked in volume sales for a long time, and we always resisted increases in items which were selling well. It's too transparent an activity and does not go down well with loyal customers.

Agreed, a decrease though... I often place all sorts of things in shopping baskets online. I check every now and then to see if the price has gone down. Works wonders. Except when the price goes up of course.