Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Watching Tour De France Unchained covering last year's race. It's brilliant!

David L

Quote from: dom on July 24, 2023, 10:41:53 PMWatching Tour De France Unchained covering last year's race. It's brilliant!
It is indeed a great watch. There's also one that concentrates on the Movistar team but not got around to that one yet

Nickslikk2112

Poor Julie van de Velde, over the last 20km I thought she'd got it, I thought she'd not; I thought she'd got it, I thought she'd not; I thought she'd got it, I thought she'd not; I thought she'd got it, I thought she'd not; I thought she'd got it, I thought she'd not; Shes' got it! No she hasn't...

Thenop

Yes that was exciting. And then Wiebes takes with a top speed of 61kph.

Eva van Agt who crashed yesterday has a concussion and a bruised long, never heard that before. She lost consciousness a bit after her fall.

Roll on the mountains, looking forward to the Tourmalet later this week.

David L

Quote from: Thenop on July 25, 2023, 04:40:31 PMEva van Agt who crashed yesterday has a concussion and a bruised long, never heard that before

Me neither  ;)

Thenop

Quote from: David L on July 25, 2023, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: Thenop on July 25, 2023, 04:40:31 PMEva van Agt who crashed yesterday has a concussion and a bruised long, never heard that before

Me neither  ;)
Might be my lack of language skills. It's a literal translation.
Correct term is pulmonary contusion.

David L

Quote from: Thenop on July 25, 2023, 05:17:07 PM

Me neither  ;)
I assumed "long" was an unnoticed 'typo'  :D
Don't knock your language skills - you express yourself as well as anyone on this site

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 25, 2023, 05:17:07 PM

Me neither  ;)
I've learned all sorts of medical terms since I started cycling/watching cycling. I'd spent most of my  life saying "Collapsed Lung" instead of "Pneumothorax"

Nickslikk2112

Well done Yara Kastelijn, a win from the breakaway, although with a 10 minute gap with 60km to go the breakaway should succeed, but she was the only one. I thought that Audrey Cordon Ragout* might put the leaders in a stew, but not to happen. It was a good watch that, I thought Lotte Kopecky might hold on from the peloton, but not to be either.

* Yes, I know...

Thenop

Very good win with a steep endclimb there.
Kopecky will loose the jersey shortly anyway, and Vollering not fully aware whether she won or not :P

Now watching some post match interviews and Vollering looks mangled. Van Vleuten on the other hand very cheerful, 'we tested each other'.
I can still see her take the overall win...

Nickslikk2112

Chapeau Ricarda Bauernfeind, a cast iron sprint stage? Think not. I bet she didn't dare fail with Magnus Backstedt as her DS...

Surprised British Champ Pfeiffer Gerorgi hasn't been doing better, these Ardennes' style stages are quite similar to the parcours of the British Chamoionship sourse this year, perhaps because she's on Domestique duties - as women should be  :-X

Belated congrats to Filippo Ganna for winning the Tour de Wallonie yesterday. Shame the organisation was such that some riders followed a Moto rider off course resulting in the race being neutralised.

Thenop

Just heard Vollering has a 20 second Penalty for stayering. Stupid really, her own car brought her too far front.

Another first winner, SDworx clearly not as much in control as they'd like to be..

So sprinting then tomorrow.. Maybe?

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 27, 2023, 04:50:33 PMJust heard Vollering has a 20 second Penalty for stayering. Stupid really, her own car brought her too far front.
Yes, daft thing to do. Looked like she expected a bike change not a wheel change. Why weren't any team mates sent back for her?

Thenop

So...Danny Stam, the teamboss for SD Worx has been evicted from Le Tour following his actions with the car and subsequent 'visit' he paid the jury. Seems he was a bit upset and expressed himself like an idiot.
He should know better, jury's don't take too well to that.

Thenop

That was one hell of a bunch sprint.. Or was it 8)
Well done Norsgard, deserved win this.
Unfortunately the camera vultures found it necessary again to keep rolling when injured riders were being helped..

Now, Tourmalet as decisionmaker. Bring it on!