What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Having an ear/throat infection since Friday which seems to be getting progressively worse 😣

Update: turns out it was Quinsy - just spent a few days in hospital because of it
(didn't spot Jack Klugman in there 😁)

Slim

I watched the first few minutes of The Chris and Rosie Ramsey Show.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Basspedalman

Having avoided it completely since the beginning and despite being triple-jabbed I just tested positive for Covid.... Due to go to Portugal on Thursday so that's buggered too!!  >:(

pdw1

Quote from: Basspedalman on June 05, 2022, 05:50:13 PMHaving avoided it completely since the beginning and despite being triple-jabbed I just tested positive for Covid.... Due to go to Portugal on Thursday so that's buggered too!!  >:(
Sorry to hear that. Was that the Marillion convention/super spreader? Hope you are not too ill and better soon.

Nickslikk2112

Bloody Diamond Jubilee Procession. What a sad sack of shite.

And bloody BBC commentators who say "Robin Reliant" stupid fecks. You wouldn't say "Sierra Ford" and yesterday in the BBC's Test write up they said a NZ creekiter had a strained "Heal". They can employ 52,000 folk to commentate on a procession to cover every aspect of diversity, but an editor or proof reader?

Slim

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 05, 2022, 09:52:19 PMyesterday in the BBC's Test write up they said a NZ creekiter had a strained "Heal". They can employ 52,000 folk to commentate on a procession to cover every aspect of diversity, but an editor or proof reader?

I heard a BBC sports reporter refer to 'batsmen' the other day, I expect he received a stern memo.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

What's made me grumpy? Having to issue a warning to someone for posting political content in General Discussion.

Still, never used the forum warning function before. Quite interesting.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

An ongoing battle this week with a roll of cling film, it's winning.

pxr5

Pruning trees and fell backwards off the ladder. Not too far a drop and luckily no injuries.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pdw1

Joe Lycett asked to explain comedy show joke to police

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-61882384

he may not be funny but wasting police time like this ridiculous

Slim

Well, I have to wonder if the police would have been so understanding if the joke had been at the expense of one of the more fashionable minorities.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Stuck in a huge passport queue in Frankfurt with rest of the world passengers , same on the way in . My fellow Europeans are in the quick EU gates. F Brexit.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2022, 08:00:10 AMStuck in a huge passport queue in Frankfurt with rest of the world passengers , same on the way in . My fellow Europeans are in the quick EU gates. F Brexit.
Your fellow EUEuropeans. Don't swallow the Kool Aid, reject the project.

David L

Could be unrest ahead at work. Membership (CWU) have overwhelmingly voted for strike action. Hopefully, because it was so convincing and a huge turnout, it will get the company back to the negotiating table. I hope so

Slim

I find this baffling more than annoying. Sir Lewis Hamilton's staunch support for the Stop the Oil movement.

"I love that people are fighting for the planet and we need more people like them", he says - despite the fact that a few of them attempted to disrupt his own sport at his home Grand Prix yesterday.

Sir Lewis is employed by Mercedes, a company that makes large profits by manufacturing and selling petrol-engined vehicles not renowned for their fuel economy.

He literally drives cars that consume three litres of fuel every four miles for a living.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan