So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Anathema - A Natural Disaster

Nickslikk2112

And now, some vinyl:

Candlemass - Sweet Evil Sun
Jethro Tull - Stormwatch (Steven Wilson Remix)
Birth - Born

Slim

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

As a teenager, browsing through the record racks in Hartlepool town centre on a Saturday, I was always really impressed by the cover artwork. I wasn't a Genesis fan and I didn't get round to buying it for another 25 years or so.

Every now and then (about once every seven or eight years) I listen to it all the way through - out of a sense of duty really, because it's one of the classic prog records. But I've never really found it very convincing.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Yezda Urfa - Boris
Galahad - Empires Never Last (Deluxe Edition)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

Vinyls today:
Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope
Transatlantic - The Absolute Universe Forevermore (Extended Version x3LP)
Anathema - Untouchable

CD (first CD I've played in ages):
Porcupine Tree - Stars Die: The Delerium Years 1991-1997  CD1

Then again:
Yezda Urfa - Boris    what a brilliant album this is. If you're fond of Yes or Gentle Giant you'll love it - but it's unique too.

pdw1

Marillion - Afraid Of Sunlight
Devin Townsend - Infinity

Nickslikk2112

Thenop

Temple Fang - one of the live thingies. Great band, Dutch spacey long winded rock. Love it. Find them on Bandcamp.

pxr5

Yezda Urfa - Sacred Baboon

Then some vinyl:

Marillion - Marbles
black midi - Hellfire  red vinyl
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
The Tangent - Proxy

pxr5

Swans - Children Of God
Haze - Back To The Bones
Galahad - The Last Great Adventurer

Nickslikk2112

The Picnic Wasp

Rush - Vapor Trails

Took a great photo of a high fly jet yesterday. The late afternoon sun changed the climate destroying evidence to a wondrous orange pink ribbon. This and the extremely cold weather inspired the need for a Secret Touch meltdown. Surely the most underrated Rush / Metal / Prog song ever.

Pudders

Quote from: Slim on December 04, 2022, 12:02:34 PMGenesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

As a teenager, browsing through the record racks in Hartlepool town centre on a Saturday, I was always really impressed by the cover artwork. I wasn't a Genesis fan and I didn't get round to buying it for another 25 years or so.

Every now and then (about once every seven or eight years) I listen to it all the way through - out of a sense of duty really, because it's one of the classic prog records. But I've never really found it very convincing.

I'm unashamedly a massive (early) Genesis fan but struggle with The Lamb. The first album is pretty good in fairness but after that it wanders of into some weird alternative universe, for me!

Thenop

New Hammers of Misfortune album - Overtaker. Bit of a challenging listen. Love it.

dom

Quote from: Pudders on December 07, 2022, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: Slim on December 04, 2022, 12:02:34 PMGenesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

I'm unashamedly a massive (early) Genesis fan but struggle with The Lamb. The first album is pretty good in fairness but after that it wanders of into some weird alternative universe, for me!

It has some great songs, particularly the title track,  In The Cage, Carpet Crawlers, Back In NYC, Counting Out Time, but there's an awful lot of filler to tell a not particularly interesting story