What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Wonka - I could have done without all the songs, but generally this is an enjoyable romp. Timothée Chalamet was born for the part, but what really lifts the movie are the great bunch of English actors in it - I even spotted 3 from Ghosts. I laughed quite a bit early on too. 8/10
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

Quote from: pxr5 on January 25, 2024, 09:44:07 PMWonka - I could have done without all the songs, but generally this is an enjoyable romp. Timothée Chalamet was born for the part, but what really lifts the movie are the great bunch of English actors in it - I even spotted 3 from Ghosts. I laughed quite a bit early on too. 8/10

Yes i saw this last weekend - didn't mind the songs and enjoyed the movie.  Thought Tom Davis was great

Matt2112

Quote from: pxr5 on January 25, 2024, 09:44:07 PMWonka - I could have done without all the songs, but generally this is an enjoyable romp. Timothée Chalamet was born for the part, but what really lifts the movie are the great bunch of English actors in it - I even spotted 3 from Ghosts. I laughed quite a bit early on too. 8/10

Yes, and Hugh Grant is a blast once again as he enjoys his career renaissance as a highly-remunerated supporting actor. :)

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

I'm in - the final season (8) of Fear the Walking Dead. It really is dire now but, I feel obliged to see it to a conclusion. I think the producers just wanted it done too. Only 12 eps though, thank God.

R6GYY

Watched Wonka again yesterday - this time at home. A delight.

Fishy

Fleishman is in trouble.....god that was shit....

pxr5

We've just finished the last series of Fear the Walking Dead. Man it was bad - but that's it for now (until we start on all the other WD spin offs), I need a break from zombies.  :o

Fishy

Trigger Point... very daft but entertaining

Fishy

Moon. .. on iPlayer.. seem to remember watching this film ages ago.. really enjoyed it..

dom

Nearly finished S1 of Loudermilk. Beginning to feel it may have jumped the shark. There's certainly a set of water skis and a set of very large teeth present.

Fishy

Polished off trigger point.. ridiculous nonsense but quite watchable in a turn your brain off kinda way...

Fishy

Quote from: dom on February 02, 2024, 06:54:22 PMNearly finished S1 of Loudermilk. Beginning to feel it may have jumped the shark. There's certainly a set of water skis and a set of very large teeth present.

I managed to the end of season 3..not convinced I liked it really.. stories were a bit lame.. not very funny...

David L

Nobody. Tonight's feature on Channel 4. Just an excuse for gratuitous violence really. I guess it's what the young'uns want nowadays.
Nice to see Doc Emmett Brown looking so good after all these years though

Matt2112

Quote from: David L on February 03, 2024, 11:51:59 PMNobody. Tonight's feature on Channel 4. Just an excuse for gratuitous violence really. I guess it's what the young'uns want nowadays.
Nice to see Doc Emmett Brown looking so good after all these years though

Cracking film.  I must still be a young 'un! :)