What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on February 15, 2024, 10:07:30 PMStarted on True Detective Season 1

2 more eps.. Alexandra Daddario..WOW
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth (1/3)

pxr5

We finished The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon tonight (only 6 episodes). You know what, I'd pretty much given up expecting anything decent from The Walking Dead anymore (TWD, FTWD etc.). But this series actually had a lot going for it. It's the first time since maybe the first 2 or 3 series of TWD that I actually felt some suspense and scares from the zombies. In this they seem different and the setting in France certainly adds another dimension. I think there is another series too, so hopefully this level can be maintained. Unfortunately, from what I've read, The Walking Dead: Dead City (Negan and Maggie) isn't as good, but we'll see.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Quote from: David L on February 18, 2024, 02:17:44 PMThe Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth (1/3)

Yes 2 eps in for us..it's very good and very poignant

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on February 18, 2024, 10:29:33 PM
Quote from: David L on February 18, 2024, 02:17:44 PMThe Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth (1/3)

Yes 2 eps in for us..it's very good and very poignant

Watched the last ep.. that foam experiment was amazing... poor souls never had a chance..

Fishy

Found a great creepy/supernatural film on iPlayer last night.. Relic... surprisingly good

pxr5

True Detective series 4 - Only 2 episodes so far but wow this is good.

Matt2112

Quote from: Fishy on February 21, 2024, 10:10:11 AMFound a great creepy/supernatural film on iPlayer last night.. Relic... surprisingly good

Yes, that's quite a good chiller, with an original plot and sensitively-handled subject matter that makes it stand out from the crowd.

Fishy

Last part of criminal record... kinda went out with a bit of a whimper tbh..

pxr5

We finished True Detective - Night Country last night (series 4). On the whole very enjoyable. The 2 leads were both excellent and without Jodie Foster it wouldn't have been as good. I did like the ending and the conclusion was satisfactory. It was great to look at too* and the feeling of claustrophobia was maintained well. The second best of the 4 seasons so far for me, but the first one will take some beating. 8.5/10

*set in Alaska but filmed both there and Iceland - brrrrrr

Fishy

The Welsh dystopian drama on the Beeb.. The Way

pxr5

Started on a couple of movies last night, but both were crap so sacked them off and instead started on a TV show called Mrs Davis. It's really hard to sum up but this is the spiel from IMDb: "Sister Simone partners with her ex-boyfriend Wiley on a globe-spanning journey to destroy Mrs. Davis, a powerful artificial intelligence." It's as mad as a box of frogs but quite compelling too. Who comes up with this stuff? No idea, but I'm glad there are people out there willing to make bonkers stuff like this.

Fishy

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 12 ep 4

R6GYY

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on February 23, 2024, 02:37:17 PMThe Welsh dystopian drama on the Beeb.. The Way
And finished off the 2 remaining eps.. not sure what to think of it tbh...