Main Menu

Doctor Who

Started by Slim, December 27, 2023, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Well, as I expected - the new Doctor Who was comically bad; it's tanked and quite rightly it's been very poorly received. It seems that a lot of reviewers are blaming the descent of the show into hysterical limp-wristed wokery on Disney, but I think we know that's the BBC's doing.

Couldn't make it up, really.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

It's all been downhill since Tom Baker...

David L

Just a vehicle for the BBC to foist their woke nonsense on viewers as they continue to try to mould the world into the one they believe we should live in.
It's criminal that I'm forced to pay for this crap

Fishy

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on December 27, 2023, 11:59:52 PMIt's all been downhill since Tom Baker...

You mean Jon Pertwee surely...😀
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

As I mentioned in the "What's on...." thread this was the first Dr Who I've watched since Matt Smith left. I thought it was pretty good tbh. My wife mentioned to me that some reviews were very positive - depends where you look I suppose.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Very cogent, but bluntly NSFW analysis here. Quite a lot of these have turned up on YouTube now.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

What a load of woke shite. 

Fishy

Managed about 20 mins of the latest one..
Shit..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

The film/TV reviewer The Critical Drinker on YT is another well worth checking out for his astute dismantling of the calamity this show has become in recent years.

David L

Never been more thankful we haven't got kids. Destroying young lives

Matt2112

Quote from: David L on January 01, 2024, 10:07:05 AMNever been more thankful we haven't got kids. Destroying young lives

Fortunately, mine's still young enough that she listens to her rationalist, classical libertarian daddy (and isn't interested in Doctor Who regardless). ;)