What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

A BBC reporter has just used the word "nonplussed" as if it means "indifferent".

Aaaaaaarrrrggghhh!!  >:(

Nickslikk2112

Every time there's a full moon these days, the BBC website puts up pictures of it. OK it's a nice shiny full moon. But the said full moon then gets a name, today it's the "Sturgeon" moon. Come on, be honest, have you ever heard of a "Sturgeon" Moon before? Pound to a penny you haven't.

And why is it being called the "Sturgeon" moon? Ah, yes, because it's the Red Indian (I'm, not PC) for it. That's right, the Red Indians who live an ocean away on a different continent. People who in the great scheme of things have bog all to do with the calendrical happening of the lunar cycle.

Excuse me BBC, do you know what the first "B" in your acronym stands for? I suggest you look it up and not in your Funk and Wagnall...

And I could also be grumpy for forgetting to flag up the fact that earlier on in the week on the BBC website it said that the Russians could have been angered by the western expansion of NATO. I put all this down to the world now being run by the victims of BLiars' "Education, Edyoukaytion, Edyookayshun" mantra.

dom

You'd rather we'd be like the Seppos then Nick?  Not a clue about anything happening outside the UK.  For many outside their back yard!

Re the Second point, to the Russians at the moment, NATO is to their West.  An Eastern expansion to them would mean that Japan was joining!

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on August 12, 2022, 12:59:02 PMYou'd rather we'd be like the Seppos then Nick?  Not a clue about anything happening outside the UK.  For many outside their back yard!
Not one bit, I just don't want the BBC to pretend we're from a country we're not. It's the Beeb sucking up to the seppoes to try and make their reporting more accessible to them.

QuoteRe the Second point, to the Russians at the moment, NATO is to their West.  An Eastern expansion to them would mean that Japan was joining!
If only when the seppoes were exhorted to "Go West young man" they'd actually moved eastwards. The world might well be a better place. The Red Indians would be happier :)

Basspedalman

David L

A 9-year old girl, shot dead in Liverpool. Good God, what kind of world have we created?  :'(  >:(

Fishy

Who are these wankers that start clapping when a plane lands... presumably they applaud themselves when they drive to Tesco  safely every week..
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

Not quite today's grumpiness, but it's taken me two days to get over travelling on Public Transport. >:(

I'd taken Mrs S up to New Reekie to take her out for her 60th Birthday at semi-celebrity chef Tom Kitchin's restaurant. What new circle of Hell was this? At every stop a vast selection of human detritus alighted to be replaced by a new selection of human filth. It made the Hobbits on the bus seem normal.

We got off two stops early, I just felt filthy and violated. Many showers later I still feel unclean.

Blastzone

Someone pointed out to me after my birthday recently ,that the year of my birth 1963 , was closer to 1905 than 2022 . Git

Slim

Quote from: Blastzone on September 04, 2022, 12:29:56 PMSomeone pointed out to me after my birthday recently ,that the year of my birth 1963 , was closer to 1905 than 2022 . Git
Mine's closer to 1899!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

This post from Ch4 in conjunction with Barclays came up on my wife's FB feed this morning. Forget heating the house, invest in a pair of t**s instead. I shouldn't be surprised, Barclays are only showing the corporate cowardice that is currently running rife among large business. They feel they can't afford to ignore this nonsense.
Strange days

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4/videos/800574060937395/

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Basspedalman

Drenched in Edinburgh yesterday, got a sore throat this morning..... :'(

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on September 07, 2022, 08:26:12 AMThis post from Ch4 in conjunction with Barclays came up on my wife's FB feed this morning. Forget heating the house, invest in a pair of t**s instead. I shouldn't be surprised, Barclays are only showing the corporate cowardice that is currently running rife among large business. They feel they can't afford to ignore this nonsense.
Strange days

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4/videos/800574060937395/

OMG Men are like SO shallow!

Even when they're women all they think about is Giant Tits...

Matt2112

BBC News are running a story which does nothing more than fixate on the race and biological sex of the new Cabinet appointees.

Did you know there are NO WHITE MALES in the very top tiers of our Government??!!

Yes...and as the overwhelming majority of folk who fund the BBC do not have a deranged obsession with identity politics, they don't care.

So, what point is the BBC trying to make with this patronising, crass, tone-deaf overcompensatory bollocks?  Because it seems to be coming from a place not of particularly good faith. 🤔