Burt Young (Paulie!) is no more

Started by Thenop, October 19, 2023, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Well, 83 is a nice age, have to admit I thought he was long gone already..being the popular Rocky character since the beginning I thought he'd be a lot older.

But what is truly funny, in a violent kind of way, is how he went about in the Sopranos. He had one little role there, playing a retired hitman that needed to do one more hit. It turned out to be his last...

GRAPHIC VIOLENCE WARNING

And then of course, the inevitable happens...

Slim

This is so weird - about 11 hours ago, just before I went to bed last night I watched that top YouTube video. For some reason Sopranos clips come up in my YouTube suggestions a lot. Last night I watched one in which someone gets bludgeoned with a golf club, then visited the Sopranos wiki to research the identity of the assailant.

Then, assuming he would get "whacked" at some point, I did a search for "Sally gets whacked" and the top video came up.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Sopranos has to be up there as one of the greatest TV series ever made.  Paulie had a huge part in the show. He had a major part in the funniest episode The Pine Barrens.

He has the funniest line in this scene too...

"What, was it barking"  ;D

dom

Apologies I presumed by Paulie you meant Paulie Walnuts!  He died  last year at 79! Still  I'll leave my post intact even if it is a bit of a deviation!