What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

I've just watched the Diana Ross set at Glastonbury and I agree with Matt, her voice was very ropey though. You'd think with all those backing singers they could hide her a bit. But even though her voice was second in the mix every bum note shone through - and there were a lot of those. What a relief at the end when the backing singers got their go at the front. Yeah, 78 she is and time to put her feet up and remember the good times methinks.

I have managed to save copies* of 2 sets too - those being black midi and Squid. I did watch black midi live yesterday and again the download today and I noticed that a song had been cut from the copy, apparently due to excessive swearing - oops.

*To permanently save TV shows from Iplayer, use the excellent get-iplayer tool - https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on June 26, 2022, 02:19:40 PMI just checked Megan thee Stallion and enjoyed it, might have to give it a second viewing. For sure the most booty I have seen on stage.
All I could think was "I hope they clean their arses well". I'm big on personal hygiene.

David L

Kendrick Lamar currently preaching his gospel to a horde of white, middle class folks. I think I just spotted Sir Lenworth Henry down the front with a condensed milk sandwich - "Oooooo- kaaaaaaaaay"  ;D
(Did a bit of 'googling'. Didn't realise there's a familial connection to Coronation Street's Jack and Vera  ;D)

Matt2112

Quote from: David L on June 26, 2022, 10:12:20 PMKendrick Lamar currently preaching his gospel to a horde of white, middle class folks. I think I spotted Sir Lenworth Henry down the front - "Oh- kaaaaaaaaay   ;D
(Did a bit of 'googling'. Didn't realise there's a familial connection to Coronation Street's Jack and Vera  ;D)

I'm afraid he simply reminds me of Chris Morris's creation from The Day Today, Fur Q.  Except this guy seems unparodyable.

By the way, what's the threshold for complaining to the BBC for the number of times the word "nigga" is used? One? Fifty? A hundred and fifty? ::)

David L

I bet Gary Lineker is there too. We 'nah wot ya mean' Gary, blood  ;D

Slim

Quote from: R6GYY on June 24, 2022, 11:20:13 AMI caught episode 4 of the new Orville: New Horizons last night, and (not really a spoiler), I was mightily impressed by the work they had put in to portraying the Krill home world. Stunning.

I've just watched the first episode of the third series. Sorry to say I was disappointed. Long on very impressive CGI and special effects, short on laughs.

This used to be fun, full of jokes, a clever spoof. The Ed Mercer character, for example - he's supposed to be insecure, a little bit inept on occasion. A frequent butt of jokes in the script. But there's none of that here.

Also, it's overlong, to my taste anyway.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Watched a few episodes of God's Favourite Idiot. As a religion based comedy its a little like The Good Place. Not as good as that though but it does make me laugh at times and the Rush references have kept me watching

Jonners

dom

Just finished S3 of Succession.

What an amazing show. Brilliant. Can't wait for S4

Tried a couple of episodes of Billions but its not in the same league

Jonners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Leonardo

Documentary on Sky Arts about the Salvator Mundi picture/story

Absolutely fascinating and mind blowing, not even close to what I thought it was going to be, ended up being like an international thriller/Dan Brown type story (but true and based on facts!)

Highly recommend this!

David L

pxr5

I've just started The Time Travellers Wife (the TV series). Only 6 episodes. I'd heard of the book and the subsequent movie and I thought it was some soppy chick flick, but this new TV series was getting some good reviews so I gave it a go. 2 episodes through so far and it's surprisingly good and not what I expected. Created by Steven Moffatt, both stars are also British (it's an American show). OK there is an element of romance, but it's funny at times too and a well thought out time travelling story, executed excellently by all involved.

Nickslikk2112

Yesterday's Tour de France Highlights. Watched them last night, watched it live yesterday afternoon, but it was bloody fantastic :)

pxr5

We finished The Time Travellers Wife TV series last night. Quite enjoyable and well done if a little mind-bending at times. It ended quite suddenly though and I expected more to come but seems it's been cancelled. Shame. I was getting a bit fed up with seeing Theo James naked all the time, slamming down into one awkward situation after another. They showed his arse way too much, but never the front, until the end when it seemed they couldn't be bothered hiding his todger any more lol. 8/10

pxr5

Series 3 of The Boys. I love this show, hampered slightly by the appalling cockney accent from Karl Urban - I suppose Americans think it's spot on though, much in the vein of Dick Van Dyke. Antony Starr is incredible and such a different role than Banshee, but just as good. 2 of 8 episodes complete so far.