What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

R6GYY

I caught episode 4 of the new Orville: New Horizons last night, and (not really a spoiler), I was mightily impressed by the work they had put in to portraying the Krill home world. Stunning.

Definitely visual elements of Blade Runner on exteriors, but some of the interiors were kind of awe inspiring. More than I would expect from 'just' a TV show.

Very impressed. This show continues to thrill. More power to your elbow Mr. MacFarlane  :)

Oh, and episode 3 was pretty darned good, but I can't discuss it for fear of spoiling the ride.

Matt2112

Sampled Glasto.

Absolute fcking wank. All of them.

BBC's coverage is sh!te as well.

Nickslikk2112

BBC's Glasto coverage is completely OTT, there's been in depth features on the News since Wednesday FFS and how many people do they have there?

Remember kiddies, other music festivals are available; other music festivals with better music are available.

pxr5

1430 today on the West Holts stage is the awesome black midi. Probably the only thing I have any interest in. I'll try to download a copy using get-iplayer.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

Finished Severance last night. Absolutely brilliant and a big wow at the final episode. An intelligent sci-fi written, acted and directed (mainly Ben Stiller) superbly. Bring on the next series.

pxr5

Movie Night. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Looks amazing in 4K on an OLED TV and the story wasn't that bad. So a rather enjoyable 2 hour romp. Typical Marvel though and really nothing new and I'll likely forgotten all about it tomorrow. 7.5/10

David L

Glasto. Surprised Macca is not dodging bottles of piss  ;D

pdw1

Quote from: Matt2112 on June 25, 2022, 01:44:01 AMSampled Glasto.

I think I can forgive them all the other shit after watching Paul McCartney's set. Just short of 3 hours of brilliance.

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on June 26, 2022, 01:34:06 AM
Quote from: Matt2112 on June 25, 2022, 01:44:01 AMSampled Glasto.

I think I can forgive them all the other shit after watching Paul McCartney's set. Just short of 3 hours of brilliance.

I need to catch up on that.

I didn't see it because the best band to have played at Glasto before Macca were performing a 12-minute bus trip from my door.

Nile Rodgers & Chic were absolutely stunning tonight.

I only went mostly out of curiosity and familiarity and to experience the "buzz" of the town. But they blew me away. 🤷🏻�♂️

David L

Quote from: pdw1 on June 26, 2022, 01:34:06 AMI think I can forgive them all the other shit after watching Paul McCartney's set. Just short of 3 hours of brilliance.
Perhaps I was unlucky to switch on just before he played Obli di obla da and then felt it necessary to blow smoke up Dave Grohl's arse  :-\

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on June 26, 2022, 08:22:08 AM
Quote from: pdw1 on June 26, 2022, 01:34:06 AMI think I can forgive them all the other shit after watching Paul McCartney's set. Just short of 3 hours of brilliance.
Perhaps I was unlucky to switch on just before he played Obli di obla da and then felt it necessary to blow smoke up Dave Grohl's arse  :-\
I flicked through channels and caught the beginning of Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da. I flicked back quickly. I feckin' hate that song, always have done, always will. Whoever wrote that should be condemned to eternal torment >:(

I then put Megan Thee Fat Slag on for Mrs S. She wasn't impressed. Thankfully I could get back to an old 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown, it was the one where Sean Lock read The Tiger Who came for a Pint. Lovely.

dom

Finished season 3 of Stranger things and will start S4 shortly. Well written and acted and its one of the few shows I watch with my daughter so very enjoyable.

Watched a couple of episodes of Shining Girls. Intriguing and exciting. Really like Elizabeth Moss too

Nick

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 26, 2022, 10:58:11 AM
Quote from: David L on June 26, 2022, 08:22:08 AM
I flicked through channels and caught the beginning of Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da. I flicked back quickly. I feckin' hate that song, always have done, always will. Whoever wrote that should be condemned to eternal torment >:(

I then put Megan Thee Fat Slag on for Mrs S. She wasn't impressed. Thankfully I could get back to an old 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown, it was the one where Sean Lock read The Tiger Who came for a Pint. Lovely.

I just checked Megan thee Stallion and enjoyed it, might have to give it a second viewing. For sure the most booty I have seen on stage.

Matt2112

Diana Ross...in UHD!

Iconic songs, but not really enjoying this. Her voice is buried in the mix for a start and seems a bit ropey. She looks chic, but doesn't sound it...

She's 78 though and "Legend" status isn't won in a raffle, so it seems churlish to be hyper-critical.

Her band is as tight as a gnat's chuff of course, so there's that.