Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation. Deluxe Edition 3LP Clear Vinyl 45rpm
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on June 24, 2022, 03:31:39 PMPorcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation. Deluxe Edition 3LP Clear Vinyl 45rpm

Mine is in too, wil have a proper listen at some point this weekend.

pxr5

A brand new copy of Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason 45rpm half-speed master for £13 delivered from ebay. Not the best by Floyd but a bargain. 

Thenop

White Ward - False light. Exceptional piece of work.

pxr5

The Tangent - A Spark In The Aether

Thenop

Went shopping, some old, some new, some unexpected

Cannonball Adderley (with Miles Davis, Art Blakey) - Something Else (blue note classic pressing), ding in the corner, half price.
Bill Evans both Trio 64 & 65 the new Verve classic series
Steven Wilson 4 1/2
Gov't Mule - Stoned Side of the Mule
David Sylvian - Alchemy
Radiohead Kid A Mnesia - really needed this to be honest. Came to realize I did not have it, neither of them and I love these 2 albums
Who's Next - MOV pressing from 2012 with the 1995 remix, interesting
Pallbearer Heartless, cannot do without metal, used copy, their loss, my gain
And
Rush - ASoH, I needed a new copy, my origianl 2LP is worn out and I found this 2o15 re-issue for a normal price. Looking forward to listening to this again as pristine as it gets :-)

Ali

After a quick visit to the excellent Quicksilver Records in Southport this afternoon, a bit of splurge resulted in:

King's X - Faith Hope Love (mint S/H, £10)
King's X (green vinyl, as new, £12)
Enuff Z'Nuff (mint S/H, £10)
Porcupine Tree - nil recurring (new, 2021 Transmission pressing, £20)
XTC - Oranges & Lemons (new, double, gatefold, 2020 200g pressing, £25)
XTC - Nonsuch (new, double, gatefold, 2020 200g pressing, £25)

Well I had a bit of dosh from a significant birthday a month ago, had being the operative word 😂

David L

Took a quick peek in the local store, Rapture, today and picked up Penthouse and Pavements and The Luxury Gap by Heaven 17. These are two of my wife's favourites and I quite like both too At £6 and £8, I thought I couldn't go wrong....I could. Although it looked good the copy of The Luxury Gap is unplayable in a couple of places. The other LP is OK though.

pxr5

^ Some great songs from Heaven 17. I used to like them back in the day. I might dig out Penthouse and Pavements and give a spin.

Today's purchases:

The Bible - Eureka    (A band I loved in the 80s, they had some really good songs)
black midi - Hellfire Red Vinyl   (Likely to be my favourite album this year, so had to get it on vinyl)

pxr5

The Tangent - The Music That Died Alone   blue marble vinyl

Nickslikk2112

My Blue Splatter copy of Born by Birth arrived today :)

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 27, 2022, 07:10:18 PMMy Blue Splatter copy of Born by Birth arrived today :)

Have mine in as well:-)

pxr5

The Tangent - The Slow Rust Of Forgotten Machinery

Nickslikk2112

A copy of Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick 50th Anniversary Steven Wilson remix arrived today.

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 29, 2022, 09:10:01 PMA copy of Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick 50th Anniversary Steven Wilson remix arrived today.
I've tried, Lord I've tried but......I just don't get it  :-\