Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: pxr5 on October 05, 2022, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: captainkurtz on October 04, 2022, 10:31:44 PMAlice Cooper - Love it to Death, near mint U.K. first pressing

Beck - Sea Change, sealed 2016 pressing.

Power Station - s/t

Alice Cooper - Schools Out, near mint U.K. first pressing (without panties)

I had School's Out as a teen. I've never seen the panties though.

Sounds like you had the commando edition then 😂

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Red Lenses

Opposite of the thread title, I have started to flog my vinyl on E-Bay....most of my Rush Vinyl gone with a few remaining records finishing tonight and then i'll be onto my Yes vinyl and 80s Rock LPs later this month.

Top priority for E-Bay is an honest description of the condition of the record, no complaints so far (insert crossed fingers).

pxr5

Quote from: Red Lenses on October 05, 2022, 04:01:17 PMOpposite of the thread title, I have started to flog my vinyl on E-Bay....most of my Rush Vinyl gone with a few remaining records finishing tonight and then i'll be onto my Yes vinyl and 80s Rock LPs later this month.

Top priority for E-Bay is an honest description of the condition of the record, no complaints so far (insert crossed fingers).
What's your ebay username if you don't mind - I'm always looking to buy decent vinyl? PM me if you don't want to show the world.

Red Lenses

Quote from: pxr5 on October 05, 2022, 04:26:15 PM
Quote from: Red Lenses on October 05, 2022, 04:01:17 PMOpposite of the thread title, I have started to flog my vinyl on E-Bay....most of my Rush Vinyl gone with a few remaining records finishing tonight and then i'll be onto my Yes vinyl and 80s Rock LPs later this month.

What's your ebay username if you don't mind - I'm always looking to buy decent vinyl? PM me if you don't want to show the world.

The last of my listings finished yesterday....won't be doing anything for a few weeks now as going on holiday next week (10 days in Lanzarote).
I will let you know nearer the time when I list them, it is a time consuming process (5 LPs to package up and take to the Post Office this afternoon).

pxr5

Quote from: Red Lenses on October 07, 2022, 11:57:13 AM
Quote from: pxr5 on October 05, 2022, 04:26:15 PM

The last of my listings finished yesterday....won't be doing anything for a few weeks now as going on holiday next week (10 days in Lanzarote).
I will let you know nearer the time when I list them, it is a time consuming process (5 LPs to package up and take to the Post Office this afternoon).
Nice one, cheers buddy. Enjoy your holiday  8)

pxr5

Riverside - Wasteland     I normally just run a knife down the edge of the plastic sleeve when opening LPs, but somehow I managed to cut the end of my thumb - which I didn't notice until I saw blood all over the LP. Luckily as the plastic cover was still on only a bit of staining on the open edge. I have a habit of cutting myself when using knives; I even fainted once chopping an onion lol - my wife tries to keep them from me.  :'(

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on October 07, 2022, 12:56:19 PMRiverside - Wasteland     I normally just run a knife down the edge of the plastic sleeve when opening LPs, but somehow I managed to cut the end of my thumb - which I didn't notice until I saw blood all over the LP. Luckily as the plastic cover was still on only a bit of staining on the open edge. I have a habit of cutting myself when using knives; I even fainted once chopping an onion lol - my wife tries to keep them from me.  :'(

Great album though. Bloody or not.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on October 07, 2022, 12:56:19 PMRiverside - Wasteland     I normally just run a knife down the edge of the plastic sleeve when opening LPs, but somehow I managed to cut the end of my thumb - which I didn't notice until I saw blood all over the LP. Luckily as the plastic cover was still on only a bit of staining on the open edge. I have a habit of cutting myself when using knives; I even fainted once chopping an onion lol - my wife tries to keep them from me.  :'(
Glad it's not just me that's so cack-handed!

pxr5

Quote from: Thenop on October 07, 2022, 05:50:34 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on October 07, 2022, 12:56:19 PMRiverside - Wasteland    I normally just run a knife down the edge of the plastic sleeve when opening LPs, but somehow I managed to cut the end of my thumb - which I didn't notice until I saw blood all over the LP. Luckily as the plastic cover was still on only a bit of staining on the open edge. I have a habit of cutting myself when using knives; I even fainted once chopping an onion lol - my wife tries to keep them from me.  :'(

It is, but has that 4th side etching thing going on. Can't these bands just stick a couple of extra (live maybe) tracks just to fill it up?

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on October 07, 2022, 07:07:48 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on October 07, 2022, 12:56:19 PMRiverside - Wasteland    I normally just run a knife down the edge of the plastic sleeve when opening LPs, but somehow I managed to cut the end of my thumb - which I didn't notice until I saw blood all over the LP. Luckily as the plastic cover was still on only a bit of staining on the open edge. I have a habit of cutting myself when using knives; I even fainted once chopping an onion lol - my wife tries to keep them from me.  :'(

It is, but has that 4th side etching thing going on. Can't these bands just stick a couple of extra (live maybe) tracks just to fill it up?

Meh, I hardly listen to any bonus stuff. I am just happy they spread it cross 2 discs instead of cramping it onto 1 LP. 

pxr5

Quote from: Thenop on October 08, 2022, 05:52:47 PM

Meh, I hardly listen to any bonus stuff. I am just happy they spread it cross 2 discs instead of cramping it onto 1 LP. 
Maybe they should look at 45rpm instead, wider grooves and all that.

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on October 09, 2022, 01:17:27 PM
Quote from: Thenop on October 08, 2022, 05:52:47 PM

Maybe they should look at 45rpm instead, wider grooves and all that.
True, More groove space equals more bass :-) I like it and some audiophile releases do it. I have some Mastodon 2LPs on 45rpm, first presses they did. And they sound a lot better. (they were also more expensive).
I see with the increase in vinyl interest more mainstream releases get the 45rpm treatment as well.

Nickslikk2112

Solitude Aeturnus - Through the darkest Hour (Blue Vinyl}

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on October 11, 2022, 07:15:10 PMSolitude Aeturnus - Through the darkest Hour (Blue Vinyl}

Cheerful