What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on September 27, 2022, 10:46:27 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on September 27, 2022, 07:13:28 PMI just hope we get a quick house sale.
Just put my mum's house on the market a few weeks ago. Had three valuations and all were in the same ballpark. Far in excess of what I thought it was worth. All agents suggested "OIEO.." and talked about 'block viewings'......no interest at all so far  ::)
Having waited over 12 months since mum passed away, we are not in any hurry but can't help believing that it will not achieve anything like the agents suggested. And with the current 'turmoil' it may not sell until well into next year.
Good luck with yours
Even though we are only getting a first Estate Agent round today, we do have some interest in it already, although I think current circumstances might put them off knowing a bit about them - somebody who already lives on the same road and a local shopkeeper.

We got a proper valuation for IHT and Probate purposes and if we someone offered that I'd snatch their hand off! We'll see what valuation gets put in it after today.

Nick

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on September 28, 2022, 10:00:28 AM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on September 27, 2022, 07:13:28 PMI just hope we get a quick house sale.
Just put my mum's house on the market a few weeks ago. Had three valuations and all were in the same ballpark. Far in excess of what I thought it was worth. All agents suggested "OIEO.." and talked about 'block viewings'......no interest at all so far  ::)
Having waited over 12 months since mum passed away, we are not in any hurry but can't help believing that it will not achieve anything like the agents suggested. And with the current 'turmoil' it may not sell until well into next year.
Good luck with yours
Even though we are only getting a first Estate Agent round today, we do have some interest in it already, although I think current circumstances might put them off knowing a bit about them - somebody who already lives on the same road and a local shopkeeper.

We got a proper valuation for IHT and Probate purposes and if we someone offered that I'd snatch their hand off! We'll see what valuation gets put in it after today.

Is it worth renting it out for a monthly income?

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 06:40:40 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on September 28, 2022, 10:00:28 AM
Good luck with yours

Is it worth renting it out for a monthly income?
No. As an executor I have a duty to the beneficiaries of the estate. At the end of next January they could all come up to me asking where their inheritance was.

I'm hoping a newly arrived Doctor at Chesterfield Royal Hospital will take a shine to it, nice four bedroomed house two fields walk away from the Hospital.

The Picnic Wasp

Really heavy persistent rain today. The first in a while, so no dog walking or general pottering about. I must resist the urge to watch / listen to the news all day.

Fishy

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on September 30, 2022, 10:45:08 AMReally heavy persistent rain today. The first in a while, so no dog walking or general pottering about. I must resist the urge to watch / listen to the news all day.

Agreed.. very poor weather.. it's almost dark here...
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on September 30, 2022, 10:45:08 AMReally heavy persistent rain today. The first in a while, so no dog walking or general pottering about. I must resist the urge to watch / listen to the news all day.
Yes, chucking it down here too. We had an arbour delivered this morning. The driver just dumped it on the drive, palletised and wrapped in plastic. Luckily my son came round and we got it in the back; and built in time just as the heavens opened up
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Gloomy here but should be mostly dry tomorrow.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Managed to walk out to do my shopping before the rains came :)

Will have to walk across the dismal heart of Sheffield this evening in the pissing rain :(

dom

Got pissed on during the walk to work this morning and have subsequently discovered that my coat isn't watetproof. Squelchy wet cuffs when I put it back on.

The Picnic Wasp

Is this rain ever going to stop? It feels like lockdown again.

Nick

Passing showers here in the Deep South. Heating on in the mornings to dry towels but nothing in the evening. Still warm enough for shorts.

pdw1

The Picnic Wasp

Visited the town hall for my booster and 'flu jabs this morning. It was very busy but extremely well organised. Things were running like clockwork with only a 10-15 minute or so wait for the jabs. A couple then arrived the wife waving her letter about.
"I've got a letter but he hasn't but he's ILLEGIBLE" announces his missus. The nurse on the desk remained professional but was probably laughing or crying into her mask. However, she managed to sort the additional admin fairly quickly as the queue at her station grew longer. She assured them that it would all be sorted out by the time they got to the front of the vaccination line and ushered them to the relevant waiting area. They waited five minutes and then marched out without their jabs.

Nickslikk2112

Bloody NatWest still can't cheque book and paying in book right >:(

All we need is them to say: Mr N Slikk and Mr N Slikk Exrs of the late Mr G Slikk

So far we've had Mr N Slikk (brother) Mr N and Mr N Slikk and today it's just Mr G Slikk  >:(  >:(  >:(

How hard can it be? Although the account name on the statement has it as the late Mr G Slik so if the next lot are right, it'll still be wrong  >:(

David L

Good luck with yours
Just accepted an offer on mum's bungalow. Fingers crossed everything goes through to completion. Close to asking price too 😁