Geddy Lee Spoken Word Tour

Started by Nickslikk2112, September 22, 2023, 04:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Rush bassist and singer Geddy Lee has announced a run of spoken word live dates for the UK throughout December.

Lee will release his long-awaited memoir My Effin' Life through Harper Collins on November 14 and his run of Geddy Lee In Conversation live dates will feature Lee reading key passages from his the book; he will then share thoughts and stories taken from his experience with a guest interviewer. Furthermore, fans will then have the chance to participate in a special Q&A, with Geddy Lee answering their questions directly.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/geddy-lee-announces-uk-spoken-word-tour-for-december?fbclid=IwAR0KfCqw_YgLPObjdjoo4gy4y88avT3buqcUQsRT7wzNfwp9jQjul9QaXmA

Dec 10: Wolverhampton The Civic At The Halls
Dec 13: Sheffield City Hall
Dec 14: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Dec 17: Portsmouth Guildhall
Dec 18: London Barbican

Me: Geddy, where do you stand on Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad?

Thenop

Will he bring Alex?
Blablablablablablabla
Blablabla
Bla
Blablablabla

Nickslikk2112

Just looked at Ticket prices for Sheffield:

PRICE
£76.50 - £125.95

My Effin Life am I paying that!!!!!!

Thenop

That's just admission? No signed book with that?
Ludicrous.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on September 22, 2023, 05:36:17 PMThat's just admission? No signed book with that?
Ludicrous.
There's a book, but not signed.

David L

He'll be lucky to fill those places to 25% at those prices

The Picnic Wasp

I don't think they've factored in that many of his fans are now state pension age.😂 Seriously though, seems a bit steep considering there can't be many to pay in his entourage. I'll probably still go as it will be easier on the eyes and ears than a proper gig.

Matt2112

Dates are most inconvenient.  Hope more are announced. :-\

Fishy

Would rather hear him talk than sing tbh..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

What a shame Newcastle City Hall isn't on the list, I think it would be quite emotional.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Red Lenses

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Red Lenses on September 25, 2023, 04:07:12 AMIn for the Glasgow night.

I've only been to the Royal Concert Hall three times. The Pearlfishers (band), Brian May and Peter Frampton, but I really like the venue. Rush playing there would have been the stuff of fantasy.

captainkurtz

Fishy

Quote from: captainkurtz on September 25, 2023, 03:11:17 PMI'm still agog at the prices...

And how much are they going for.. I may make a half hearted attempt at getting some Glasgow tixs...
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112