Main Menu

Porcupine Tree

Started by pxr5, March 09, 2022, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Quote from: Thenop on November 10, 2023, 01:39:16 PMWell, I gave in and pre ordered the LP set and the DVD/BR combo. Can't take it with me anyway...it's only money.
Ha, good one. They'll only go up in price after you get them. I'm still on the fence though.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

It appears there's a pre screening of some sorts December 11th in London with limited seating. Was sent an email, if anyone's interested in the code to let me know.

Thank you for pre-ordering Closure/Continuation.Live from the Porcupine Tree Store.

Please see below your unique code and link, which allows you to access ticket registration for the CLOSURE / CONTINUATION.LIVE EXCLUSIVE SCREENING AND Q&A at DOLBY, SOHO HOUSE, LONDON. 11th DECEMBER 2023.

TWO SESSIONS FROM 5PM TO BE ASSIGNED DECEMBER 4TH WHEN ENTRIES CLOSE.

-------------------------------

-------------------------------

TICKETS ARE LIMITED AND ASSIGNED RANDOMLY TO SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS.

THE ABOVE LINK AND CODE PROVIDES ACCESS TO APPLY FOR A TICKET, AND IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF A TICKET.

SESSIONS ARE 5PM-7.30PM AND 8PM-11.30PM AND BOTH INCLUDE 90 MINUTE SCREENINGS AND 30 MINUTE Q&A SESSIONS WITH PORCUPINE TREE.

ENTRANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND EITHER SESSION. TRAVEL AND ACCOMODATION NOT INCLUDED.

STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY APPLY

pxr5

I couldn't resist anymore - vinyl version pre-ordered. I still think it's too much though.

Thenop

pxr5

I've had a notification of dispatch from BS. So it will likely arrive here Friday.

Thenop

Excellent, awaiting mine as well. Supposedly ships tomorrow, so it'll be another week  ::)

pdw1

Quote from: pxr5 on December 06, 2023, 05:56:19 PMI've had a notification of dispatch from BS. So it will likely arrive here Friday.
Me Too! quite excited.

Thenop

Had a quick listen to the streaming version. It's good, a typical Wilson mix: very 'clean', bit lifeless at times but also more 'live' in a weird way. It's dynamic, that's for sure which is a breath of fresh air compared to modern day productions.

My LP set has been shipped, expected delivery: coming Monday. Then it's time for a proper listen.

pxr5

Nothing from our postie today.

pdw1

I am allowed to say mine arrived this morning. It is huge and lovely

pxr5

Quote from: pdw1 on December 08, 2023, 08:01:19 PMI am allowed to say mine arrived this morning. It is huge and lovely

Nice one  :)

pxr5

I received the Vinyl version in the post this morning. Blimey, it's big and heavy. I played a digital copy of the album last night though and very good it is too.

Nick

Enjoying this on Spotify, as ever great production.

Thenop

Box is in, looking forward to sitting down and having a proper listen.

The Picnic Wasp

I haven't ordered it yet but listened to the start on Spotify last night. Sounds really good.