Main Menu

Future Rush

Started by Nick, November 12, 2023, 09:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Geddy is releasing 2 leftover tracks from MFH (some may shudder, others will be eager to hear) plus all this new talk of reuniting Rush (Lifeson and Lee) and playing as Rush.

I just can't see how Lee's voice will stand up now.

Thenop

What I read is people wanting Mike Portnoy on drums.
There is only 1 answer to that:
No.

Come to think of it, it is probably Portnoy himself putting himself forward.
In that case the answer is: Hell no.

Fishy

Interesting but not sure it's the best idea.. and as for the two tracks from MFH.. what makes them good enough to release now if they couldn't make the album initially..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

I hadn't heard this Rush reunion rumour. Not that it's up to me, but I'd be dead against it. Not because Neil is gone, but because the other two are too far past it. They've had their go now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

I have no problem hearing more of the MFH theme, and if Neil had provided lyrical material for them to use after he passed then studio stuff would be fantastic. A lot of the voice issues would be resolved using technology including AI. But live, no thank you. It would never be Rush without Neil and the Taylor Hawkins type performances are not something I would wish to see again. I don't think there's any real desire there anyway. Just paper talk.

Thenop

In all honesty, a Rush reunion was not mentioned exactly.

Classic Rock has a Geddy interview in the December issue.
Read it here:
https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/classic-rock-12.2023.php

Nick

Quote from: Fishy on November 12, 2023, 10:51:06 AMInteresting but not sure it's the best idea.. and as for the two tracks from MFH.. what makes them good enough to release now if they couldn't make the album initially..

Apparently one of the tracks is called "Gone" which was about loss and Geddy felt it was too soon to release it at the time.

I don't feel any real excitement at the thought of some form of Rush in the future, it won't be the same and it will just be a greatest hits fest and I can honestly say I've had my fill of most of them.

pxr5

It will be nice to hear some more Geddy but like Fishy said why was it not good enough before. No more Rush though - it's done.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

captainkurtz

All over social media Geddy implying they could resurrect Rush.  I hope he's been quoted out of context;  an utterly wretched idea.

Thenop

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 12, 2023, 06:28:59 PMAll over social media Geddy implying they could resurrect Rush.  I hope he's been quoted out of context;  an utterly wretched idea.

It's been emotional for you too, of course, to write this book and to talk about it now. So if we can end on a positive note, is there one memory you have from all the years in Rush that makes you think how fortunate you have been?
There are so many of those moments. When I want to laugh, I think about how we used to live, when we travelled together on the bus in the late seventies and early eighties. After a gig it was kind of the best time. You'd leave the gig and pile onto the bus, and you had all that post-gig energy still going on. You really needed to calm down. So you'd have a few drinks, and maybe you'd take a Valium, and you'd watch some stupid movie together, and it was just jokes until you passed out or went to your little bunk bed on a shelf to sleep. These were moments when it was just the three of us and the few guys from our crew that we travelled with. You can't replicate those moments. We could do another gig, Alex and I, with other people, but all those times we shared when it was the three of us, you can't get that back.

I don't see how this would be resurrecting Rush

Nick

Please don't let it be Dave Grohl

captainkurtz

He's 70 and his voice was terrible in 2015.  I think it's time to let it go.  Massive amount of respect to Neil for knowing when the time was up.

If they do get back together, I plan to boycott by just seeing them twice....lol.