Geddy Lee Spoken Word Tour

Started by Nickslikk2112, September 22, 2023, 04:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: Nick on November 16, 2023, 08:14:55 PMAre the 2 new(old) songs available yet?

They are now up on the streaming services as 'the lost demos'.

Fishy

Quote from: Thenop on December 05, 2023, 03:49:48 PM
Quote from: Nick on November 16, 2023, 08:14:55 PMAre the 2 new(old) songs available yet?

Any good?
From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

Quote from: Fishy on December 05, 2023, 05:19:30 PM
Quote from: Thenop on December 05, 2023, 03:49:48 PM

Any good?

No idea, haven't listened to them yet. Just noticed they were there.
But seeing these are outtakes for MFH I guess only fans of that album would enjoy these.

Slim

I think that's right. I don't like them at all myself.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Reportedly the Massey Hall 'show' is being filmed and Alex is the interviewer.

Matt2112

Quote from: Thenop on December 08, 2023, 06:34:36 AMReportedly the Massey Hall 'show' is being filmed and Alex is the interviewer.

Yes, watched a clip of Al introducing the show in typically amusing fashion. 😊

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 08, 2023, 07:30:43 AM
Quote from: Thenop on December 08, 2023, 06:34:36 AMReportedly the Massey Hall 'show' is being filmed and Alex is the interviewer.

Yes, watched a clip of Al introducing the show in typically amusing fashion. 😊

Was it blah blah blah blah blah blah blah here's geddy lee?
From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Anyone go to Wolverhampton? What was it like? Who was the interviewer?

Nickslikk2112

didn't go, but Nicky Wire was the interviewer.

Nick

Plus Phil Wilding apparently.

David L

dom

David L

Quote from: dom on December 11, 2023, 08:07:44 PMWho's that? The Phil guy?
Classic Rock journo. Has interviewed Geddy a few times and was involved in The Big Book of Bass event in Manchester

Nickslikk2112

Had and email from ShowFilmFirst offering tickets for Geddy's show in Sheffield tomorrow for £40+fees.

Thought I might shell out, but it doesn't recognise my email address when trying to log in and I can't set up a new account. Ho-hum.

The Picnic Wasp

Oh well, he's come and gone and I didn't go. I wasn't feeling great anyway so just as well. I tried to analyse my feelings about this tour last night. Rush had such a profound effect on my life that I just couldn't figure out why this has been a quandary for me. I became aware of the band before the 80s but the addiction didn't kick in until PW.

I remember being in the pub one night a few days prior to my first Rush concert at Glasgow's Apollo. I hadn't been able to hear much more of their music other than PW and some memories of AFTK which I had swapped away a while before this time. I remember a girl I didn't care for much mocking me about never having heard 2112 as I desperately tried to get someone to record some of the back catalogue for me before the gig.

I was so skint back then, but things were soon to get even worse on that front. My dad died in November 1980. It was unexpected. He was 51, fit and well, but caught a weird disease when helping to organise a filthy unused print room for the newspaper who had just acquired new premises. He had been over the moon, having been made redundant by the Express who had decided to move to Manchester a couple of years before. It had been his life and getting back to a newspaper print room had seemed unlikely until that time.

I can see now why the band's music took over my young self. It filled a gap even larger than I realised existed at the time and Neil's lyrics were a constant inspiration and mental support. Therapy I suppose.

Well, I think that's why I find this staggering over the line like a poor marathon finish unwelcoming. I'm looking forward to my Christmas present of the book and I know I will love it and it will trigger so many memories, happy and sad. But it was the music, their massive skill set and the wondrous feeling of healthy obsession which is important to me and I look forward greatly to any further music Geddy and Alex might make together.