Geddy Lee Spoken Word Tour

Started by Nickslikk2112, September 22, 2023, 04:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: captainkurtz on September 25, 2023, 03:11:17 PMI'm still agog at the prices...

Out of order for a book promo, really. Bit disrespectful to his audience. Should be free.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Fishy

Quote from: Slim on September 25, 2023, 09:27:49 PM
Quote from: captainkurtz on September 25, 2023, 03:11:17 PMI'm still agog at the prices...

Out of order for a book promo, really. Bit disrespectful to his audience. Should be free.

He should be paying us to attend.. terrible time of year as well
From The Land of Honest Men

Nick

Too far for me, 300 mile round trip to Wolverhampton, the closest gig.

The Picnic Wasp

Well, decision time tonight. Do I buy a nice limited edition Fender guitar case I have my eye on, or do I blow most of that amount of cash on a close to Christmas bletherfest, in a place where Covid will no doubt be lurking again? I would like to go but I am slightly offended by the ticket prices. It does feel a little bit like squeezing those remaining few drops out of a legendary loyal fan base. I have a hunch that Alex might also show his face which adds to the quandary.

Nickslikk2112

captainkurtz

I don't think Alex will go.  Why would he?

Matt2112

More likely to get flu but the outcomes of that may be unpleasant also.

Yep, a good, sturdy guitar case looks the call.

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on September 28, 2023, 06:51:06 PMI don't think Alex will go.  Why would he?
Could warm up the audience with his stand up routine  :-\

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: captainkurtz on September 28, 2023, 06:51:06 PMI don't think Alex will go.  Why would he?

My memory might be playing tricks but I seem to recall him interviewing Geddy during his Big Beautiful Book Of Bass promotion. Think he said something like it would be good to throw at people.

Edit: Maybe he could sell jars of mustard in the foyer.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: David L on September 28, 2023, 07:56:52 PM
Could warm up the audience with his stand up routine  :-\

They'd probably welcome a warm up act as I can imagine it being quite draughty in that big hall.

David L

I wouldn't be surprised if Philip Wilding will be employed by Geddy in the same way  he was on the Big Book of Bass tour

Fishy

£243 for 2 tixs.. nah fuck all that..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

He's actually coming to these venues to sell you something. Mind-blowing that you have to pay for that, really.

On the other hand if people are prepared to pay it, that's how the world goes round. Good business.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quite a sad thing today, not to be online at 10.00 am buying a ticket for a Glasgow Geddy Lee event.